Woodbridge Tournament every Tuesday

Hello

Anyone interested in a regular tournament in Woodbridge (Steeles/HWY 27), please conatct me at info@thepokerresource.com

Buy in is $250 and there is an optional Add-on after an hour for $100

We have been averaging 35-40 per week (39 today) and the winner receives aroud $5,000

We can accommodate up to 70. Please let me know and I will give you more info.

Comments

• Ya, I am gonna try and hit this game, aces tells me that its solid. Tuesday's are just not the best day for me - what time does this start, and what time does it usually end?

Alistair
  • Starts at 7 and usually finishes between 11pm to 12am. Food is served from 6pm (Pizza, Pasta Veal etc).

Hope to see you there.
  • what's the quality of play.

of the 40 how many are really good players, how many are just guys out for fun etc..
  • Everyone is good, just ask them. I could be interested in this also. Tuesdays are fine by me.
  • At $250 I would expect there to be a lot of good players. I don't think too many newbies are going to drop that kind of cash on a Tuesday night for kicks. But I have not been there myself. :cool:

Anyone know how what the payout structure is?
  • I asked via Private Message and was told...

"In answer to your questions.
    (1) Payout structure is the top 10%. Lat night we had 39 players and the payouts were:
    1st - $5500
    2nd - $2000
    3rd - $1200
    4th - $700

A deal was made and it actually paid out $4200, $3000, $1800 and $1400"

BCC #55
  • The game is very beatable, even though my finishes (bubble, 19th, 12th tonight) do not illustrate that. Tonight I busted out 12th of 50 when I moved in with AK and got called by KK. If that hadn't happened, I think I would have had a strong chance of finishing deep in the money.

I'd recommend this tournament to anyone who can easily afford it. Azim is the tournament director, and he does a great job.

Cheers,
    all_aces
  • BCC55 wrote:
    Lat night we had 39 players and the payouts were:
    1st - $5500
    2nd - $2000
    3rd - $1200
    4th - $700

A deal was made and it actually paid out $4200, $3000, $1800 and $1400"

BCC #55

That's some deal!! An extra $1000 appeared by striking a deal - a positive EV play if ever there was one........
  • all_aces wrote:
    Azim is the tournament director, and he does a great job.

Cheers,
    all_aces

Thanks Dev, Appreciated.
  • 64 players last Tuesday.

$9,000 to the winner. We are expexting around 70 this week. email me if you are interested and require any other information.

Thanks

Azim
    info@thepokerresource.com
  • all_aces wrote:
    The game is very beatable, even though my finishes (bubble, 19th, 12th tonight) do not illustrate that. Tonight I busted out 12th of 50 when I moved in with AK and got called by KK. If that hadn't happened, I think I would have had a strong chance of finishing deep in the money.

I'd recommend this tournament to anyone who can easily afford it. Azim is the tournament director, and he does a great job.

Cheers,
    all_aces

Thanks for the info AA.
    This game is a little heavy for me, but if I win this Saturdays tourney I will give Tuesday a shot. :)
  • Love to see you there! I'll be there this Tuesday, warming up for Friday and Saturday. The stakes have been raised in Regina... gotta play my 'A' game, which approximates Dave's 'B-' game.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Love to see you there! I'll be there this Tuesday, warming up for Friday and Saturday. Regards,
    all_aces

I will not be there this Tuesday. I finished 15th out of 63 guys in the Tourney on Saturday. I need to work on my game and plug my leaks before throwing my money at this game.
    Good luck Tuesday and on the weekend!
  • I noticed you mentioned an add-on for $100 is there also re-buys or is it a freezeout with an add-on ... and is it running today?
  • No rebuys... just the one add-on at the end of the first hour, if you make it. Obviously, the name of the game is to make it to the add-on... then it's anyone's game.

Yes, it's happening tonight. I'll be there, warming up for Regina. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    all_aces
  • Well I had the honor of being knocked out first this week. On my second hand, when I floped the nut full house only to be beaten by a higher one by the river.....good thing this tourney is on everyweek.
  • Woodbridge update:

Tuesday 16th Nov. 76 Players, Total prize pool $18400, 1st Prize $9700

Final was long this week and the final 5 players decided on a chop $3400 each

Hope to see some of you there next week.
  • A couple of Blue Heron Mini-Tourney players will be there on Nov 23.

Myself, DC aka Killer Carlos

and

Peter the "Greekoooooooo" lol :D
  • azimk wrote:
    Woodbridge update:

Tuesday 16th Nov. 76 Players, Total prize pool $18400, 1st Prize $9700

Final was long this week and the final 5 players decided on a chop $3400 each

Hope to see some of you there next week.

Sounds good Azim. I sent you an email to get details. Can you make sure you reply so that i can attend and also i will bring three buds.

thanks,

dresden
  • Tuesday 23rd November

85 players
    Over $20,000 in prize money
    $10,000 to the winner

See you next week!
  • azimk wrote:
    Tuesday 23rd November

85 players
    Over $20,000 in prize money
    $10,000 to the winner

See you next week!

UGH am so upset....I did not make it cause my buddy had the flu! and now it looks like I'll be working late on Tuesdays....

Well maybe a next time!
  • Woodbridge Update - Nov 30th 2004

92 Players
    Prize Pool - $26,000+
    1st Prize - $12,600

Deal made 3 handed - Congrats to Gamblor who came 3rd for a cool $5,000

See you next Tuesday!
  • While we're on the subject, Gamblor made 5K last night and I believe 10K last week with a 1st place finish in a $50 NL tourney on Stars. I may have the details slightly wrong, but I'm close. It goes without saying that November was a great month for him... wtg!
  • Close but no cigar Dev!

He won a $20 on Stars for $3,300USD

Still, November was a great month for Gamblor.
  • Are you sure? I don't want to get into some kind of 'he said/she said' battle--you'd be the 'she' BTW ;) --but in a conversation with him last night I'm pretty sure he said 1st, $50, and 10K. It's possible that one of us is wrong (probably me, I was tired), but it's also possible--though less likely--that we're BOTH right, which would be great for Gamblor.
  • maybe the prize pool was $10,000 in total.
  • I just confirmed on messenger.

Quote from Gamblor "lol... ive been confusing the prize pool with the win. it's 13k in the pool and 3.5k to the winner. for sure."
  • Ahhh... thanks Azim, and good guess, Chugs. Nonetheless, those are both impressive finishes, with nice payouts.
  • all_aces:

I finished 3rd in the Woodbridge tourney. I came into the final table in 5th chip position and had stolen the blinds twice when this hand came up:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1328820&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14

I doubled through after that with QQ vs. 99.

Then it got wild. 8 handed. UTG+2 raised all in for 1.5 BB UTG+2. Folded to me handed, crazy aggressive Dave (CAD) raises first in, I'm in BB getting 5.5-1 for my call so I call with 85s. He has T9o and board misses us both.

He steals some blinds twice, which effectively doubles his stack to about 60k. Then he raises first in from the button to 20k, and gets reraised all in by Zaps in the SB. Zaps has KK, CAD has K9o. Flop comes: KT4. Turn J. River Q. The place goes nuts.

A few hands later, extremely tight guy to my right limps UTG for 1/5 of his stack. CAD calls in the SB and BB checks. Flop comes AT5. CAD checks, UTG bets 10k into a 25k pot, CAD calls. Turn Q. CAD bets out, putting UTG allin, and UTG calls with AT. CAD has KQ. River: J.

Talking to you tuesday night at the tournament i was talking about 10k ish in the prize pool. I don't remember if I said $50 or $20 but its certainly possible I said $50. I've probably told 5 different people 5 different amounts. Playing 3 online tourneys per weekend at the same time you kind of forget about things like results and just concentrating on strategy adjustments and determining EV given the field. Still, a win period is a highlight.

Thanks to PokerTracker, I have confirmation: $20+2 on pokerstars, 663 entrants, $13,260 in the prize pool, $3,315 to me.
  • Woodbridge tonight!

Last 3 weeks have been great. We can now accommodate 99 players. Come early to avoid dissappointment.

Estimated $11,000 to the winner.