$10,000 Freeroll

Hey there fellas, there is a $10,000 Freeroll @ Caesar Martini's in Waterrloo on July 8th. If your not in the area I suggest you come down and don't miss out.
1st Place win's a trip for two to Vegas and an entry into a WSOP event. There are alot more prizes as well

check it out at www.1deal.ca code: pokerpal

Hope to see you all there

any questions just email me at mkieswetter@suitedmedia.com

Matt

Comments

• What are the stipulations involved with said freeroll? (minimum drink requirements, time, players, etc)
  • So, $50 to play the freeroll (or sign up and play online)...

$10,000 is only if there are 200 players.

How much does 1st place get (cash value)?
  • hey guys, there is no drink requirement, simply show up and play, no hidden fees or stipulations. If there is 200+ players they will have a $10,000 prize pool, 1st place will win a trip for two to Vegas as well as an entry into a WSOP event

the company is very cool and are just trying to gain interest so they will be throwing these every month, very very cool
    the last one was amazing , check it out at the website
    The last one filled up quick so be sure to tell the poker buddee's to sign up now

matt
  • as well when you do one of there deals online they give you your deposit back which is soo sick, I did a bunch of their deals but honestly do the challenges, they are so easy and you get $100 American

soo easy
  • mattykies wrote: »
    hey guys, there is no drink requirement, simply show up and play, no hidden fees or stipulations. If there is 200+ players they will have a $10,000 prize pool, 1st place will win a trip for two to Vegas as well as an entry into a WSOP event

the company is very cool and are just trying to gain interest so they will be throwing these every month, very very cool
    the last one was amazing , check it out at the website
    The last one filled up quick so be sure to tell the poker buddee's to sign up now

matt

So let's make this one simple question. if I show up on said date/time and haven't done any sign up online will I be allowed to play (and potentially win) for FREE?
    Yes or No?
  • no they will charge you $50 at the door
  • All prizes will come with a gift receipt so if you would like to return , persay you win a PS3, you can get the value of it when you return it

matt
  • Is this tournament at at private house game or is an actual bar/club in waterloo?
  • It is at a Restaurant in Waterloo. Caesars, is a very very nice place, it isn't a sports bar, the tournament will be in a great atmosphere in a classy place

matt
  • July 8th. What time?

It's right down the street from me so I figure I'll check it out.

/g2
  • So, it's just a $50 MTT...

Not a freeroll.

Call it a "cover charge" if you want, but it's a fee.

Mark
  • so if u get 200 players only 1st gets money the rest gets nothing iam not paying online seems like a scam but id pay 50 bucks at the door cus i know u wont come close to 200 people
  • so if u get 200 players only 1st gets money the rest gets nothing iam not paying online seems like a scam but id pay 50 bucks at the door cus i know u wont come close to 200 people

If they don't come close to 200, it won't be anywhere near a $10,000 prize pool.
  • So $50, for basically a "winner take all" MTT.......then if you are lucky enough to beat 200 other players, (unlikely to get 200) you get 10K Canadian dollars for a 10K USD by-in in the WSOP ME. I guess you are either paying for your own flight and hotel.

I'm not saying this a scam...................................................................but I don't know how to finished this sentence.
  • Hey I just checked out your website. Cool concept. Just a couple questions.
    You have deals and challenges. If I sign up for one of those will each get me into the tournament? Also it seems like a great idea paying people to play but how do you do it?
    Like your Titan deal: deposit $30 and get $50? What's in it for you? By that I mean how do you guys afford to pay people more than they deposit?
  • Not a Scarm? yea right

think about I have to put money in his poker site a min of $50 any way. So what the differance if I pay at the door.

Wait a miniute! A FREEROLL tournament means FREE!
    No Buy in
    No Cover Charge
    NO Asking For Money

so how can you say that this is an FREEROLL than because its really NOT!

200 players at $50 = 10,000
    so think about its winner take all

THIS GAME IS NOT A TRUE FREEROLL................
  • OK OK , listen people, i realize on the net things get shady

This is the deal with this tournament: if we get 200 ppl we are giving away 10k IN pRIZES, 150 people K and 50-100 2.5K

If we get 200 ppl: 1 THROUGH 10 will pay out and first will get a trip to Vegas and an entry into a WSOP event. 9 other places will get very good prizes, such as ipods, gaming consoles (PS3, XBOX, etc) as well as other good prizes

We are forking out this type of cash to attract to people to our site, I am sorry if this is confusing when we list it as a freeroll. Here is why, you sign up for any of our deals and put the minimum deposit on it and we will give you EVERY penny back. Thus = a free tournament

There will be free pizza give aways and other cool prizes and bounties

The Tourney starts at 2, and registration is at 1.

Any further question please feel free to post,

We had 115 players at the first one and we only gave away 2K in prizes, soo I think we should be OK in reaching 200 giving away 10K

PS: if you deposit the money and lose it, YOU still WILL be PAID and you will still get into our tournament, I think we are being very reasonable and generous with this tournament ladies and gents

Matt
  • It is not a seat into the main event, we are giving 1st place a trip for to to Vegas (with Hotel) and an entry to one of the events they are having, NOT the main event

I think that is a solid prize for a tourney where you get in for free!!

AS well we wanted to let people who don't have a computer or who hear about the tourney last minute to be able to join, that is why we said $50 at the door, but we much rather everyone register so we know what we are giving away and so that everyone can get into the Tourney for FREE

Matt
  • Are there any members of this forum that attended the first tournament you mentioned?
  • hey man, if you go to the website and click on the tournament link, u can see at the bottom some of the pics from the last tourney as well as what happened.

enjoy
    matt
  • I've attended the last one, along with a lot of the guys that play at our game. It was a lot of fun - great atmosphere. They even ended up giving me some free drinks :D

Teh prizes were pretty cool - a buddy of mine won a psp. There were a lot of people at that one, I'm pretty sure it was full. If you don't have an account on one of the sites that have promotions, I don't see any reason not to do it.

-Vlad
  • What sites are the promotions good for? I and probably a lot of the people on here have or have had accounts on most every major site or at least a skin of those...
  • I have this pyramid kind of feeling... don't get me wrong... but when 'affiliates' come into the picture, I start to wonder. Although AcesFullPoker does add some validity to the tournament. Seems to be a lot of prizes being won for getting new members to join the site.
  • Lots of sites offer very high affiliate payments to get new players to sign up. If any one of the sites that 1deal.com works with/for gives them $75 per new player sign up, they can afford to give $50 back to that new player (in the form of a tournament buyin equalling $50). If they get 200 new players to sign up, they get $5000 and then put a PRIZE POOL of $10,000 for a FREEROLL for those players. Does that make sense to people? It really is not that hard....

1. It is not a 1st place takes all. do you always assume that a freeroll is winner take all??

2. if you don't join through 1deal.com, then you can pay your own $50 and play.

3. 1st prize is NOT a main event WSOP buyin, just a WSOP event buyin.
  • Anyone want to run an over/under on when this game will get shut down? I anticipate that the fuzz will nix this one in the bud. There is just a shady feel around the whole thing. Everyone is skeptical.
  • It's funny, we try and through a massive tourney,which will give the opportunity for lots of players to win great prizes for no cost and everyone just wants to bash it.

What do you people want? like what do we have to do to make it so that you actually believe this is a tournament?? We are open for suggestions!!

Just check out the last tournament on our website, if it doesn't look like fun or legit then don't come.

But I promise you all this tourney will be amazing and with a great turnout

matt
  • and why would the Police come? that doesn't make any sense??
  • I think if you are completely upfront with people from the start, you would not get this negative response. You advertise the thread as a '$10k freeroll' but really you need to pay $50 at the door or put a deposit on an online website for $50 to qualify for the 'freeroll'. If you would have been a little clearer from the start on these facts, you would have gotten a more positive response from forum members. Obviously you are trying to drum up some 'affiliates' as it will be to your benefit as you may get some monthly prizes for bringing in the most affiliates for the month. I have no problem with this, my only point is you should not start off calling this a freeroll when there are specific circumstances required to qualify for the tournament. Pretty simple.
  • this what it is, you are anoncing that that its a freeroll BUT ITS NOT
    FALUS ADVERTISING but you are saying it is but truly its not...

I have to put in $50 in your site anyway, and if I dont, I have to pay $50 at the door. what the differance?

so why people are bashing this game because of it.

This is a scam, and that everyone is talking about it, not just on this forum
    but other too.

as long as you are saying that this a freeroll and truly its not you might as well shut it down, not a great game.

plus a game like this should have:
    1- Dealers - they know the game and rules, string betting,
    calling/raising bets, side pots, control the game
    2- Poker tables
    3- Display the Blinds schedual
    4- free food

little things like this.

I rather play worrie free not dealing. than screw ups in players dealing, or even worst
    player dealing and players dont know how to deal.

I will not attend this event, and frankly I don't trust you and your game!!

Porky Pig
    "Th-Th-That's All Folks!"
  • porkypig wrote: »
    this what it is, you are announcing that that its a freeroll BUT ITS NOT

I told you so...