I'm shocked

As a disclaimer this is not an entirely bad beat story. Yes I got the worst of it this hand but I hit runner runner to make a straight the following hand to make up for it. I'm clearing a bonus at FullTilt and am surprised at how soft some of the play is. I would have more hands but it took along time to figure out how to get a HH. My review is the low limits of Hold'em are soft but Omaha is even better.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1038605414: Table Red Crossbill - $0.10/$0.25 - $7.50 Cap No Limit Hold'em - 21:58:56 ET - 2006/09/25
Seat 1: lgkeeper ($27.40)
Seat 2: Hogmill ($11.05)
Seat 3: zaria ($24.85)
Seat 4: newman905 ($22.25)
Seat 5: ftnamtar ($28.60)
Seat 6: perp ($23.05)
Seat 7: Eggman9 ($21)
Seat 8: westernjay ($17.20)
Seat 9: WhoCares10 ($31.45)
WhoCares10 posts the small blind of $0.10
lgkeeper posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to newman905 [Th Td]
Hogmill calls $0.25
zaria folds
newman905 raises to $0.75
ftnamtar folds
perp folds
Eggman9 folds
westernjay folds
WhoCares10 folds
lgkeeper folds
Hogmill calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [Qd Ad Jc]
Hogmill checks
newman905 bets $0.90
Hogmill calls $0.90
*** TURN *** [Qd Ad Jc] [3h]
Hogmill checks
newman905 checks
*** RIVER *** [Qd Ad Jc 3h] [Kd]
Hogmill bets $1
newman905 raises to $3
Hogmill raises to $5.85, and is capped
newman905 calls $2.85, and is capped
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hogmill shows [7d 2d] (a flush, Ace high)
newman905 mucks
Hogmill wins the pot ($14.60) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $15.35 | Rake $0.75
Board: [Qd Ad Jc 3h Kd]
Seat 1: lgkeeper (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Hogmill showed [7d 2d] and won ($14.60) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: zaria didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: newman905 mucked [Th Td] - a straight, Ace high
Seat 5: ftnamtar didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: perp didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Eggman9 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: westernjay (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: WhoCares10 (small blind) folded before the Flop

Comments

• Open to criticism but I see where I went wrong and how he was on a draw. But in my defense I was steaming as this seemed to be the standard flop when holding a pocket pair and then seeing stars when the king hit.
  • Preflop fine

Post flop fine though painful flop

Turn fine

River - not quite sure what hand you think you are beating that will call your raise. I know I cannot think of one so while a semi crying call on your part is fine, what you did on the river is sort of less fine.

Wrong situation to play based on emotions since at best you can do is chop unless he is actually playing with his monitor off while randomly moving his mouse and clicking or he loses connection after your raise :). If you must steam, at least avoid this scenario when doing so.
  • Oh how i love the that 27!
  • eek...UTG with 7-2. What else can you say? Tough one.

Follow him around and get your money back.

Johnnie
  • I have found that at the lower limits players will play 2-7 and 10-2 for the novelty of it no other reason.

The only suggestion I have is when playing low limit and you have high pockets with a limper or two in front is to put a larger (4XBB/5XBB) raise in to punish the limpers and to discourage others behind you calling your bet because they have "odds".
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    I have found that at the lower limits players will play 2-7 and 10-2 for the novelty of it no other reason.

The only suggestion I have is when playing low limit and you have high pockets with a limper or two in front is to put a larger (4XBB/5XBB) raise in to punish the limpers and to discourage others behind you calling your bet because they have "odds".

"Ditto"

With his limp, the pot's at 60 cents, I would want to make him pay at least a pot-size since you're in MP with a "decent" pair, you want to ensure it's just you and him, so maybe a bet >$1, $1.25 seems nice to me, and if he calls even that bet, well...
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Follow him around and get your money back.

is the best advice.

Mark
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    I have found that at the lower limits players will play 2-7 and 10-2 for the novelty of it no other reason.

Aaaa brings back memories :) First 2 months of poker I couldn't lay either of these hands down
  • Hm... brutal hehe but remember some players will get to you with junk and tell themselves they are poker god so hehe stick to your solid game and in the long run you will be the winner!!

:h: Cindy
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    hehe.

LoL wtf?
  • xxcindyxx wrote:
    Hm... brutal hehe but remember some players will get to you with junk and tell themselves they are poker god so hehe stick to your solid game and in the long run you will be the winner!!
    :h: Cindy

I was summarizing Chris.