Port Perry Tourneys

Anyone know how these tourneys are? Looking at going to the Oct or Nov tourney. Not sure how many people can register or what the prize pool would be.

Comments

• I usually play most of these.

10 Tables 11 players at each. They pay final 10 only, first over 25K, 10th around 1,100.00

Good luck.
  • My friend played yesterday. There were 110 players. She made final table and won over $1,000! :wav:
  • What was the prize pool? A lot of rebuys/addons?
  • Hey folks,

DeadMoney's info is bang on, he did not mention that he made the final table again yesterday...very well played Rob... especially as he found himself in a short-stacked position early in the event but hung in there. He also neglected to say he has participated in 14 events and made the final table at least 5 and possibly 6 times. Not a bad guy either <vbg>. The prize pool testerday was $61,100.00, yes lots of re-buys and add-ons.

Cheers,

Lee

OOOPs forgot to mention first prize went to a player from Napanee named Michael, he took home $27,495.
  • Hey Lee,

Is there going to be any satellites running for the ToC in Decemember? If so, have they started taking place yet? If not, then will they be starting? And format would they be?

Thanks
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    My friend played yesterday.  There were 110 players.  She made final table and won over $1,000!  :wav:

She was seated in seat 10, I was in 11. We were the two low stacks at the table. I finished 6th and she finished 9th, but we each got $ 1222.00. 5th was over $3500.00. I was close....... again.
    GBHShftMgr wrote:

Hey folks,

DeadMoney's info is bang on, he did not mention that he made the final table again yesterday...very well played Rob... especially as he found himself in a short-stacked position early in the event but hung in there. He also neglected to say he has participated in 14 events and made the final table at least 5 and possibly 6 times. Not a bad guy either <vbg>. The prize pool testerday was $61,100.00, yes lots of re-buys and add-ons.

Cheers,

Lee

OOOPs forgot to mention first prize went to a player from Napanee named Michael, he took home $27,495.

I have 3 final tables there this year and played only 6 events, and over the last 14 I have played there, 5 final tables. One day I will win this thing.

Lee, was there a deal at the final table, as I left they were talking?
  • Hey Wes, Rob,

Keep checking the Forum, we will probably start running sats for the December T of C event in late October or early November, I will give the Forum members a heads-up and details will of course be on the web site. The format will probably be our Wednesday and Thursday Mini-Tournament with the winner having the option of the cash or an entry into the T of C.

Yes there was a deal, but I saw nothing, heard nothing, know nothing (most of my staff is convinced I know nothing anyway). The top five guys split 15/9/9/9/9.

Cheers,

Lee
  • be interesting to know how many players from the final table actually opted for the rebuy or add on. Doubt you keep these stats. Dead Money, do you normally opt for the add on? Is it widespread at these tournaments?
  • pokerJAH wrote:
    be interesting to know how many players from the final table actually opted for the rebuy or add on.  Doubt you keep these stats.  Dead Money, do you normally opt for the add on?  Is it widespread at these tournaments?

I would be very surprised if everyone didn't rebuy and take the add on. It is very common to get sucked out on in the first hour. I had jacks cracked, the very next hand had kings cracked and the next hand after that was queens. No one wanted to crack my queens. Truth be told, I didn't play a had for the first 30 minutes and this tournament cost me $ 940.00 to play. I had to make the final table to make my money back.

I normally budget between $540 and 740.00 for this tournament. Play in the first hour is very unpredictable. At the end of the first hour I had 6200 in chips. End of the second hour I had 2400, third hour was 4800......made the final table with 25000 roughly.
  • Thanks for all the info. She was originally a member of my Royal Cup team, but unfortunately for my team, she had to drop out for tomorrow. :'(
    Dead Money wrote:
    we each got $ 1222.00. 5th was over $3500.00.
  • unlimited rebuy in 1st hour? add-on at the break?

any freezeouts in the future?
  • unlimited rebuy in 1st hour? add-on at the break?

Yes.

I highly recommend these tourneys although I have been unable to attend any this year. I played 3 last year and expect to return soon.

This is basically a $540 game providing nothing goes wrong during the rebuy period (in the first hour).

Buy in $240.
    Optional half rebuy $100 can be taken before the cards fly, and probably should be as most players do.
    Add on $200.   
  • Hey Jeff,

We keep stats on everything, this one is an easy without giving away any confidential information...with a field of 110 and a prize pool of 61,100... buyins were 22,000 (the house keeps the 40 to cover costs of buffets, trophies etc.) that leaves 39,000 in rebuys and addons, that works out to just about 600/player in total on average. But having said that, a young lady placed second in July's event and only played on the initial issue, and finished just out of the money this last event again playing only on the initial issue.

There was a question about pure freeze-outs, we are looking at that for next year but the buy-in will be significant. Our players want the action and the big payout.

For any Omaha players out there, we are investigating Omaha Mini-Tournaments ... same format as the Wednesday Hold'em Mini-Tournaments. Omaha is catching on now and we spread 10/20 and 20/40 Omaha virtually daily now.

Cheers,

Lee

Hey esool, how are you doing, long time no speak...hope to talk to you soon.
  • I know the tables are roaring on weekends, but any word of weekend tourneys?

hard to take a sick day for a poker tourney =p but i'll probably be arranging holidays better for next year
  • Hey luckystrike,

At this point in time it is highly unlikely we'll ever have weekend tourneys in the current facility...just like you said, the tables are packed all weekend long. We will be moving into a new facility in the not too distant future, that will have a Tournament facility separate from the Poker Pit, that will allow us to run Tournaments without impacting on the ring game players.

cheers,

Lee
  • wow a new facility sounds like poker is bring in a steady cash flow for gbh, so with the dedicated poker area in the new facility, weekend tournies?? :D