Places to eat between KW and Bradford

OK So what is the good places to eat between and in KW.. Since Joe and I travel all lot we would like to know the best or what you all thing is the best places to eat in and between KW and Bradford... Would be interesting to know what you all thing ... One thing to add we usually stop Guelph eat .... Lets see some answers to this one ....

Comments

• There is a great Italian restaurant - casual dining - getoff Major MacKenzie it is in the plaza with the Williams and Quiznos in it across from Wonderland - the prices are decent and the food is great.

In fact, there are many great places in Vaughn Mills Mall and in the vicinity.
  • Webers. I don't care if it is 50 miles out of the way.

Come to think of it, there may be a McDonalds Wendy's somewhere on your route...

Ok, I always liked Golf's Steakhouse just east of KW. It is still there. Don't know if it is still good.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Ok, I always liked Golf's Steakhouse just east of KW. It is still there. Don't know if it is still good.

It is still here, but I do not know why or how, it used to be good Greg but unfortunately it is now a horrible 'steak' house. The service is worse then pathetic and the food is below mediocre!

I like the Mongolian Grill on University just above the mundane roadhouse places around town, for Italian Casa Rugantino is the place to go, the original on Belmont is the best, they also had one on Charles not sure if it's still there I think it's closed? Cameron Seafood is an excellent Chinese restaurant also on Charles and for a steak I'd have to say the Charcoal on King St. E. but I also had a really good steak at The Outback by Sportsworld on my one and only visit. One of my fav restaurants on the corner of Hwy 24 and Pinebush in Cambridge is Ben Thanh excellent Viet-Thai food and they just opened one up in Waterloo!
  • One of my favorites is "Castle on King" located on King St. just south of Ottawa. It's a german restaurant with great food and great portions. The main reason for going there is the extensive selection of Ontario (and elsewhere) micro-brews on tap. you can get a sampler to try a few different once.

More on the KW side than the Brantford side, but it's still good eats and drinks.
  • Frieda's 401/Franklin Cambridge.  Good food, generous portions, fast and cheap.  Get the onion rings.

Also similar but with a wider range of food is Country Boy Manitou/Fairway Rd. Kitchener.  Breakfast!

If you like smoked meat or chicken fingers the best anywhere (outside of Montreal) is the Fabulous 50's Diner Hwy24/Bishop Cambridge.  Get the smoked meat sandwich and the 2nd is only 50 cents.  The chicken fingers are outstanding.  They even have a chicken finger salad if you feel a little too guilty.  An order of fries/onion rings comes one size only: a giant platter!  Also good breakfast.  Damn this is making me hungry.  

Japanese/sushi - Samura restaurant a little farther south on 24 in the Cambridge Center parking lot.  The Box A or B dinner is outstanding value and will stuff you silly.

I also like Ben Thanh.  One soup is a giant meal.
  • Big E wrote:
    It is still here, but I do not know why or how, it used to be good Greg but unfortunately it is now a horrible 'steak' house. The service is worse then pathetic and the food is below mediocre!
    well, thanks for killing some happy memories from my youth... :'(
  • Guelph Uptown - Curry in a Hurry - great, cheap, spicy food
    Kitchener - Circus Room close to King and Ottawa - great wings
  • dude, you stole my recomendation! curry in a hurry ROCKS!!!

the other place is a little palce very close to curry in a hurry, it is called Latinos...all their food is preped from scratch in house, and it's AWESOME....it's right downtown.
  • McDicks! Location: Everywhere you look! Open 24hours....good way to forget about your aces getting cracked on the way back from the B&M
  • djalikool wrote:
    McDicks! Location: Everywhere you look!  Open 24hours....good way to forget about your aces getting cracked on the way back from the B&M
    uuuuck! Choke! Barf!
  • Big E wrote:
    ... for a steak I'd have to say the Charcoal on King St. E. but I also had a really good steak at The Outback by Sportsworld on my one and only visit.

Also coming soon to the Sportsworld area is a Mandarin Buffet. Used to have to drive to London or Ancaster to eat at one. Anyone interested in eating until we get kicked out let me know!
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Big E wrote:
    well, thanks for killing some happy memories from my youth...  :'(

Sorry Greg, funny how one bad memmory wipes out alll the good ones. I hear the prime-rib is still good but the atmosphere is not appealing anymore.
  • One of the first nice places I went with my wife when I moved here.
    Nothing can erase the memory of Chateaubriand for 2 overlooking the river.
  • Thanks guys

I can say we did do breakfast at the 50's place ... It was very good... and the service was really good as well..

I will have to get Joe to read this and maybe we can try some different places ...

One place Joe has found is in i believe in guelph is a Tandrian ( not sure on the spelling of that) it is a east indian food place.. Joe likes HOT HOT HOT STUFF.. So curry in a hurry sounds good ...

Thanks again ..