HDPVR to DVD - Any ideas?

Does anyone know how to record a show from a Roger's High Definition Personal Video Recorder to my computer, from which I can burn it onto DVD? Do I need a special card on my computer to copy over the show from the PVR? Cheers.

PokerJAH

Comments

• The only way I know how is a little complicated, but I have to imagine that there's a better way. Here's how'd I do it.

1. Connect the PC to your computer via a digital bridge. (A device that convert the RCA signal coming out of the PVR into a digital format.) There are several on the market and the prices have come down a bunch in recent years.

2. Use your favorite Non-linear editing program (Final Cut Pro, Avis, etc.) to capture the signal.

3. Treat the source footage as any other source footage that you might get from a digital video camera and treat the process the same way as if you're going from DV to DVD.

The key to the whole thing, though is getting a digital bridge. I have one that converts RCA to Firewire and is what I use to bring in video from a VCR.