NL cap games

Full Tilt has no limit cap games

Comments

• Would definitely take away the Big Stack Bullying strategy. Not sure if I would like that or not. Guess it depends on if I'm ever the big stack. Lately, that ain't happening. :'(
  • Heard of this, but can't remember is it 60$ each round or just 60$ in total?
  • Heard of this, but can't remember is it 60$ each round or just 60$ in total?

30 big blind ($60 at 1/2) maximum loss on any one hand
  • I vote: dislike

yuck - you mean to tell me that when I have the stone cold nuts on a pot where 3 other people already have $48 invested - first to act bets $12, two callers... the only option I have is 'call'?

yuck yuck yuck

seems to limited to have a NL title
  • playing with a cap is like taking a shower with a raincoat...
  • I"m not in favour of NL capped, which is only at full tilt I believe. You either play nl or you play limit. Playing NL with training wheels takes away something.
  • I would have thought maxing it at the buy in (ie at 1/2 the most you lose per hand is $200) would make for a better game. $60 is pretty small especially in a multiway pot.
  • NL sucks! Look @ Daniel's run on High Stakes Poker in recent!

He flops the nuts and gets turned or rivered....I'm sure he would love a cap!

DANIEL vs GUS

66 vs 55

FLOP

turn

(INSANE)
  • without putting too much tought into, playing with a cap is an entirely different game from regualr NL, I dont think the two should bother being compared. implied odds are often not going to be there. if u have the best of it and get someone to reach their cap and then they suckout on you, you win because they cant bet more and so assuming you didnt give them the right odds to call earlier on in the hand, they played horribly and you will show a profit. i havent played capped before, but it would seem drawing hands liked suited connectors arent going to be as powerful and the typical big hands will have more value. i imagine you could dominate these games if you keep the math in mind.
  • djalikool wrote:
    NL sucks! Look @ Daniel's run on High Stakes Poker in recent!

DANIEL vs GUS

66 vs 55

FLOP

turn

(INSANE)

I'm sure Gus was happy there was no cap.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I"m not in favour of NL capped, which is only at full tilt I believe.  You either play nl or you play limit.  Playing NL with training wheels takes away something. 
    totally agree with this sentiment, what's the point of NL if it isnt NL? Stupid, you wont catch me on there. :D
  • djalikool wrote:
    NL sucks! Look @ Daniel's run on High Stakes Poker in recent!

DANIEL vs GUS

66 vs 55

FLOP

turn

(INSANE)

I'm sure Gus was happy there was no cap.

That happened 3 times to DN over 2 shows.
    Flops the nut straight and looses to a boat.

As Barry G said "Daniel has a tell when he flops a straight....The board pairs"  :D

Hobbes
  • Fusion wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:
    I"m not in favour of NL capped, which is only at full tilt I believe. You either play nl or you play limit. Playing NL with training wheels takes away something.
    totally agree with this sentiment, what's the point of NL if it isnt NL? Stupid, you wont catch me on there. :D

ignorance is bliss..
  • if i was daniel i'd be on tilt forever....losing a 300K pot then losing to quads 2wice flopping the nuts and the board pairs.....not even a lap dance from a vegas girl would get me off of tilt
  • Whitehorse wrote:
    Fusion wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:
    I"m not in favour of NL capped, which is only at full tilt I believe.  You either play nl or you play limit.  Playing NL with training wheels takes away something. 

So...Is Pot Limit "Stupid" as well?

I'm not keen on PL when played as hold'em. I don't mind it in Omaha or stud. But again it's a different game. Setting a stop loss is different than playing a pot limit game. In a PL game pot size management is a large aspect. You can't do that in the NL capped games.
  • Personally I don't think I'd play this, but I don't see what the problem is. While it has similiarities to NL and PL, it is a unique game, and you'd need to adapt your strategy accordingly. If you can't adapt or simply don't enjoy it, don't play, but from what I've seen, poker is all about variation between games.
  • I played $1/$2 Cap NL on Full Tilt last night to test it out so there was a $60 max bet. I lost about $150 in about 20 minutes. I did flop a set of 4's against a set of QQ's so it saved me money there, but I sat down just to test it out and quickly realized I had no clue about any adanced strategies for playing the game. I don't know if I simply ran bad or played bad (probably a combination of the two) but I won't being playing Cap NL anytime soon.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Personally I don't think I'd play this, but I don't see what the problem is. While it has similiarities to NL and PL, it is a unique game, and you'd need to adapt your strategy accordingly. If you can't adapt or simply don't enjoy it, don't play, but from what I've seen, poker is all about variation between games.

Exacly my sentiments.

I do think it may be worth looking into, even though i dont play on FT, since a game where losses are capped but still NL may attract some fish (My logic = many fish like NL, and cap their possible losses).
  • Whitehorse wrote:
    Fusion wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:

So...Is Pot Limit "Stupid" as well?
    no it's Pot Limit, there's no cap there either. You want to play with a cap, buy-in short stacked, that's what players do now, why set up a game where everyone is effectively short stacked? Still stupid!
  • E wrote:
    Fusion wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:

ignorance is bliss.. 
    in what way? I wont play a game where you minimise your wins in NL. Yup pretty ignorant, of course as a losing player it will benefit you as your all-ins aren't actually all-ins, are you a losing player?
  • Aren't the NL games soft enough, why do you need to seek out fishier players? There are plenty out there already on all the major sites.
  • Fusion wrote:
    E wrote:
    Fusion wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:
    I"m not in favour of NL capped, which is only at full tilt I believe. You either play nl or you play limit. Playing NL with training wheels takes away something.

ignorance is bliss..
    in what way? I wont play a game where you minimise your wins in NL. Yup pretty ignorant, of course as a losing player it will benefit you as your all-ins aren't actually all-ins, are you a losing player?

for the sake of my sanity, could you re-read my post about how to adjust your strategy for capped games and at least try to accept the fact that in a capped game the objective isn't to get someones entre stack (since obv this isnt possible, unless they have < the cap), but to play optimally given the restraint of the cap? you know, profit from your opponents mistakes, the kind of thing u should always be doing... have you read any books on poker before?
  • I noticed one thing about strategy in these cap games. They are great for semibluffing. It would be too risky in no limit do do that as often as I do in cap games. But with cap it pays off.