I suck

I've been running really good lately, which is the only reason I can find any humour in what I'm about about to write: I just went out in the first hand in BACK TO BACK sit and go's.  Both $200 buy-in's.

HAHAHAHAHA  <
  (me laughing at me).

It's rare that I'm out first.  Rarer still that I'm out on the first hand.  But never before have I entered one sit and go, busted out on the first hand, immediately entered another, and immediately busted out on the first hand again. 

The hands?  If you care, QQ vs AA on an innocuous flop, and my straight vs. a very well played flopped flush, when no more flush cards came.  It was one of those cases where there was NO WAY I could put him on a flush given how the hand played out, but lo and behold, he had it and got all my chips.  Kudos to my opponent.

HAHAHAHAHA <
(me still laughing at me).

Comments

• Tough run, but when you play as much as I'm sure you do, I geuss you run into just about eveything sooner or later.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still digging my way out of a month long downswing too. When I run bad I like to move down and take poker a little less seriously for a while, giving myself time reassess my current play and reexamine what it was that led me where I am.
  • Devo, they probably all have you on their friends list now as a donk, you should get back on that horse and play these guys who think you are a big money donk ;)

I recently busted first hand, had AA, lame flop, player had 44 for trips, all done. However, divide your buyin by 100 to get my losses on that one. :D:D:D
  • Sucks to here Devo, i almost had the same thing happen as your first hand in on one my 20$ buy in 3 table re buy tournies. Had JJ on the button, BB had KK. Flop came 8 6 5 two suited, he raised, i reraised. Turn was an 8 and we both put eachother on something like A8, so there was some small betting but oh boy did it cripple me. I can see why so many people muck the first hand no matter what it is :)
  • all_aces wrote:
     Kudos to my opponent.

Sorry Devo, that just proves that you don't suck.

But it sure is slap a** funny to hear  :D
  • you have no fear. no worries getting your money in when you think you have the best hand.

i say kudos to YOU, sir.
  • I remember this hand very well back in the day:

First Hand: I GET DEALT AQ

I RAISE 3x BB

One Caller

FLOP

66Q

I BET HALF THE POT

CALLER MAKES THE CALL

TURN CARD ten

I BET THE POT

CALLER RAISES (now I think he has A6, or KQ, there is no flush out there)

I RE-RAISE (he waits for a bit, then calls)

River Card 2

I BET, HE RAISES ALL IN

I CALL

he shows QT wins the hand

How do I put him on that, I know he didn't have a 6 ..because I raised preflop. I thought he could have TT for a boat, or KQ never put him on QT.

anyway I could have gotten away from this hand?
  • holy thread hijacking, batman!
  • Tough beats!