WPT

DATE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH

TIME: 6PM

BUY-IN: $250 (includes dinner)

Please join us as GTAPOKERTOUR presents a chance to play with the pros on the World Poker Tour for only $250! The winner of this tournament will receive the right to play in the North American Poker Championship being held October 25-29, 2006 at Niagara Fallsview. The buy-in for this event is $10,600.

It is always very frustrating to finish 2nd in a satellite event and end up with nothing, so we have adopted the following pay-out structure if our representative places in the money at the WPT event. The following pay-out is based on 50 players:

1st: 50% 2nd: 25% 3rd: 10% 4th: 7%

5th: 4% 6th: 2% 7th: 1% 8th: 1%

E.g. If our rep wins the WPT event and gets $1,000,000, he/she would receive $500,000. 2nd would get $250k, all the way down to 8th who would receive $10,000. In effect, the winner is being bank-rolled by the other players and wins the right to play with the big-boys. There will be a contract for people to sign to avoid any problems that may arise.

Depending on the number of players, cash prizes may be available as well. Our first priority is covering the price of the ticket and other expenses, but the more people, the bigger the prize pool. Heck if we can get 100 people we can send 2 players!

I think this is a great idea to get a lot more people involved in the event. If you finish in the top 8 you will be following the WPT event very closely!

For more information, or to reserve a seat, feel free to email me or call me at 416-455-0548.

Cheers!

Mark Bontius

Tournament Director

Comments

• Thanks for the info, but Ryder Cup day, not interested as about 75% of those on here will not be.
  • just passing on the info for my buddy
  • djalikool wrote:
    The buy-in for this event is $10,600.

The buy-in for this event is $10,300.
  • hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Maybe I am greedy. If I spend a Saturday beating x number of players to win a sattelite, and then spend three or four days trying to beat the best in the business, only to turn over half of what I win to the 7 of the players I already beat just to get here.

I really think not.

In fact I think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Cheers
  • Posting the address of a very large ($$$) tourney is also a vb idea.
  • Very stupid post...Mark's tournies tend not to have dealers or real poker tables, just a heads up.

Also, a ridiculous contract.
  • I don't think your buddy would appreciate having his private email to you cut and pasted on the Internet without deleting his full name and exact address of the illegal tournament. :( With a forum-related event going on that day, you may attract more undercover police than forum members!
    djalikool wrote:
    just passing on the info for my buddy
  • I agree that this format is not for everybody, but we are giving it a shot to see what the reaction will be. If not enough players show, we will be giving away seats to the $2700 event the week before the main event. In this scenario, there will be not be % pay-outs, it will just be the seat.
    As for my tourney's not having dealers or real poker tables?? Not sure who made that comment but they obviously haven't played at one of my tournaments in a long time. I have 9 professional tables and a plethora of dealers. Yes, when I was first starting out I was using my home-made jobbies, but those have been replaced....long live gamblord!!