Is Party Poker serving the best interests of it's players?

--Original Message--
Date: 2006-09-05 01:08
To: info@partypoker.com

Every other poker site has limits available to all users below .50/1 in
limit and .25/50 in NL.
I belong to 3 poker forums and many people have stopped playing on your site
because of this.

For appropriate odds a user needs 300 big bets to play at a certain limit.
If I am playing .50/1
it means i need a $300 dollar bankroll. So if I am just a normal player who
wants to buy in for
50 dollars, this means I should be playing at the 0.05/0.10 to make room for
variable swings so I don't go broke.

It frustrates me that I am forced to take my $50 and lose it playing at
0.50/1 limit because statistically without a BR of $300, there is about a
74% chance I will lose it all regardless of what level of a poker player i
am.

Party ON!! Signed (One lost customer).... also I will be posting this email
and your response in the 3 poker forums I belong too.. I look forward to
your reply. If you have no plans on
changing this on the site please remove my account immediately.. keep the
balance as I can't play it anyways <$4.14>.

And yes, I do realize you have a beginners area. But after a period it
won't let you play in this area. My question is how does duration of an
account relate to a users skill level? My mom has played poker for 20 years
and she is horrible at it. There is absolutely no reason I shouldn't be
able to play in this area.

Sincerely,

gekoscan

Comments

• Dear gekoscan,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand your concern and I will ensure that your suggestion is definitely
    forwarded to the Management.

Our existence depends upon our players and we always do our best in meeting
    their objectives. We appreciate your feedback. We definitely need playersý
    feedback in making our site a better one.

As of now, I may not be able to give you the period needed for introducing the
    low stake tables. However, we would like to assure you that decision will be
    taken, keeping in mind the best interest of our players.

A player will be able to play on 'Beginners Table' for 45 days from the time he
    creates a real money account. I understand that player may not be able to
    enhance his gaming skill within 45 days. However, the player will definitely get
    the feel of playing real money online poker.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Ajay P
    PartyPoker Customer Care

PartyPoker, WPC Productions Limited, 711 Europort, Gibraltar
  • There are 100 other sites with micro limits, why not just go elsewhere without making a fuss? What's so special about Party...if you are playing micro limits you would be better off playing somewhere with more frequent bonuses and a rakeback anyhow.

Is it the girl in seat 3 with the huge mammaries? She got to me for a while as well.
  • Might as well complain to the B&Ms as well. Seriously, if your afraid of losing your buyin, don't gamble!
  • gekoscan wrote:
    Every other poker site has limits available to all users below .50/1 in
    limit and .25/50 in NL.
    Then play somewhere else - that's what I did when I started with a tiny ($40) bankroll. I went to UB - .01/.02 ring games and $1 SnGs's.
    gekoscan wrote:
    because statistically without a BR of $300, there is about a
    74% chance I will lose it all regardless of what level of a poker player i am.
    I appreciate the need for proper bankroll management (some think obsessively ;) ), but I'm curious where you found the 74% stat from.  Please provide your source (I'm honestly interested, if this is true).
    gekoscan wrote:
    And yes, I do realize you have a beginners area.  But after a period it
    won't let you play in this area.  My question is how does duration of an
    account relate to a users skill level
    ?  My mom has played poker for 20 years
    and she is horrible at it.  There is absolutely no reason I shouldn't be
    able to play in this area.
    You're right - duration doesn't equate to skill.  However, this is a "beginners" area, not a "bad players" area.  Beginner is "a person who is inexperienced".  20 years means your mom is no longer a newbie - she's a veteran player who happens to be "skill-challenged". As a suggestion - if she's a losing player after that long, play money is probably a better idea.

I'm sorry that not all sites can meet your needs, but lucky for you, there is more than 1 site out there!  Good luck finding a new place to play...
  • did you know that 74% of stats are made up on the spot?
  • It frustrates me that I am forced to take my $50 and lose it playing at
    0.50/1 limit

Unfortunately this is not Party Pokers fault, you recognized the need for an appropriate bankroll yet you made the choice to deposit on Party and take your chances....as other have said generate your roll somewhere else where you can play the lower limits. Nobody is forcing you to deposit $50 on Party and play 0.50/1.00. It sucks you lost your deposit but don't lay blame elsewhere when really you have no one to blame but yourself.
  • djalikool wrote:
    did you know that 74% of stats are made up on the spot?

That only applies 90% of the time.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    djalikool wrote:
    did you know that 74% of stats are made up on the spot?

That only applies 90% of the time.

But Joe, you are bluffing 60% of the times so that probably means it applies 54% of the times, at least if my calculations are correct, and they are 75% of the times... Now what was the original question?
  • gekoscan wrote:
    I belong to 3 poker forums and many people have stopped playing on your site because of this.
    To bring this back to the OP, I found this part interesting. He wasn't a member here (CPF) prior to this email and I don't remember any threads about people giving up on Party because they didn't have micro-tables. I wonder which 3 forums this is referring to, because it can't be us...
  • Perhaps he belongs to forums of people who have zero real money to play online poker.

I am not sure their dropping Party will result in an immense earnings drop for them any time soon.

I suspect the original poster is a spam and run type of guy but in the off chance he is not

1) Do research first - with a few minutes you would find sites that cater to your micro needs, a tiny one called Pokerstars being one of them

2) Learn self control - you have none. Do a google search on it if you need pointers

3) Take responsibility - blaming Party Poker for your bad choice is an excuse. No different then when people blame rigged software when in fact they just are a bad player.

4) Back claims - saying 3 forums stopped playing there without giving details = an obvious bluff/lie unless you back it up

5) Whine less

All the best
  • His 74% may be correct but to determine this you need to know if he's a winning player or not. If he's just a winning play (ie just above break even), then I believe his 74% is low (it probably is more like 85-90%). If he is still just a marginally winning player even with the $300 bankroll I believe his risk of ruin would still be around 40%. I took it that he was making about $0.35/hour. Again with all statistics you can play with them all you want to get the desired figure. If he could up that to $1.00/hr then it's more like a 66% risk of ruin. However then his $300 roll will probably never really be in jeopardy. I calculated about a 9% risk of ruin. Without some basic assumptions of his win rate etc then his 74% may be correct but given the nature of his post I believe he understated it. I didn't bother getting into the math I did since only ScottyZ would read it and probably correct some mistake I made.

Still I believe he is a losing player so all he has to do is whine about the fact he is losing. Go to stars, tribeca and scores of other sites that let you play 0.01/0.02 poker. Your $50 will probably go broke anyways whether you buy in for $50 or $300. A losing player will always be a losing player.
  • Party customer service sucks 100% of the time.

Edit: And so does their software.
  • Just saying "find another site" isn't good enough. He is right to complain about their lack of tables for the lower limits, he's trying to get change... without people who complain there would be no change. It would be alot easier for him if they just had the lower stakes/limits than him having to go to a new site and set everything up again.

That aside, they probably won't add lower stakes since they're a freaking huge site and woulnd't profit enough from the low stakes...