Anyone Play Extreme Turbo SnGs? (Crap Shoots)

You find these profitable, or just an All-In Fest?

Comments

• 'extreme' turbos?

I play turbos, and while there is more variance and my ROI is lower, I have a higher hourly rate in them.
  • Extreme Turbo's work like this. Blinds start at 10/20 and double after every 2 hands! So, its basically position vs any 2 cards. You basically have to play tight in the first 2 levels...don't play any hands unless you get the obvious monster hands...Stay away from Suited Cards...Your not looking to make straights or flushes. When level 4 hits start stealing from short stacks....But beware, when stealing it could be only another few more chips to make them call so make sure you have a face card when you try to steal.

When your down to the final 3 (Remember top 2 pays only, if your playing a 6 man tourney) Stay out of the way from the large stack doesnt matter what you have fold if you don't have AA, QQ, KK, JJ just make the money then get wild!

If you are large stacked when your down to 3, normally the short stackes will fold to you unless they have cards. But let dog eat dog stay away from pots you've already locked up 2nd place

But this type of tourney is dangerous!!!! Suck-outs galore...I was watching some tonight, and learning from the style of play thats why I came up with this formula. I don't play poker anymore, but I just wanted to know if this is the right strategy.

agree or disagree?
  • this sounds pretty crazy, it would obviously very luck oriented in the short term, probably quite so in the long run too. Unless the rake on these tournaments was very very low, I cant imagine them being better to play than regulars or turbos. Where are they being played?

And as for strategy, get used to doing ICM calc's in your head real fast, actualy i bet these would be good practice for that.
  • pacific has extreme turrbos where the blinds rise every hand (not doubling just rising). I found them to be an all in fest after about 8 hands. Which is fine I can play push fold.
  • I used to... but i find normal SNGs go fast enough and as you say are less of a crap shoot.
  • they are pretty fun if you feel like gambling.