does any one back on here

like does anyone loan money online and then take percents for players that dont have Big enough bank rolls if anyone knows where i can find someone like this let me know thanks alot.

Comments

• Are you the same cole woods from MPC?
  • I joked about it once and had my wrist slapped because apparently the forum rules say not to talk about it. Hint hint mods... haha jk.

I know an old guy (80-something) who loves to play poker... but doesn't have the energy for MTTs, obviously. He has told me about backing* some players in WPT events... no big names, just friends he's been playing poker with for years. No big wins to date though. He actually offered for me to try one, but I don't want to mix business with an old family relationship so I turned him down... and yes, we have played poker, so he is aware that I am a donk ;)

And no!!!! You can't have this guys info. He despises online poker anyway, which seems to be what you are looking for.

/g2

* he paid 40%... the rest was prize pool from a $500 winner-take-all sat tourney up in cottage country... old guys invitational
  • What about shared wins and loses?

I have done that with a few friends a couple of times, people that I know are solid players.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I'm just bringing it up in case g2 feels raw that he was "caught" before discussing this sort of thing.
    I was just pissed because a post of mine was deleted. It was a new topic that I spent a good half hour writing that I think would have sparked some good discussion. The post was only deleted because there was one line in it that CLEARLY JOKINGLY was a call for backers. I was mostly pissed because I didn't get a copy of the post back. Maybe you could look through thread jail for it Scotty... I have no clue what it was about, but I would be really interested in reading it and maybe reposting it now. It was an original thread... not a reply. It's probably about a year old. Cheers.

/g2
  • There are sites out there that "stake" some players.

PM me if you want specifics.

The generally observed structure if you make the money is....

You pay the buy in + 50% back to the staker.

EG- $10+1 on Stars

You finish in the money for $700

You pay $11 + $350.00 back, your take is $339.00.