Feel a little nerdy, but I love it

Well, took a few bucks out of my poker fund and purchased a new monitor...I am now four tabling and it is awesome. No temptation to play mediorce hands. My wife thinks I'm a dork, but I love it. If anyone is looking for a little .50/1.00 NL, I you can find me at Paradise grinding away 4 tables at a time.

Cheers,

Troy

ps. Really looking forward to testing out pokertracker.

Comments

• What did you buy and where did you buy it? I am looking at upgrading to at least a 21 inch lcd.
  • me too. I Play on a 12" laptop, 2 tabling is hard!
  • This looks like a pretty good deal here and is one of the top sellers for monitors at Tiger Direct, I'm thinking this is what I'll be getting.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2433697&Sku=A179-2204%20CA
  • gokorda wrote:
    me too. I Play on a 12" laptop, 2 tabling is hard!
    I play on a 15" laptop, and 6-tabling simply requires a bit of overlap and care ;)
  • My eyes would kill me for 6 tabling on my lap top. I can 4 table but wouldn't consider 6.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    My eyes would kill me for 6 tabling on my lap top.  I can 4 table but wouldn't consider 6.
    I don't go that high too often. It doesn't bother my eyes, but you get tired a lot quicker on that many.
  • I am not a techy, so I can't post the link and I don't know if they have Costco's in Canada, but I bought a Princeton monitor. It was $249 and it is a flat screen, it seemed like a good price. It is not on their website.

It's an off brand, but the picture looks great to me....and Costco has the best return policy in the world, so if something doesn't work out, I'll just take it back.

Cheers,

Troy
  • orth wrote:
    This looks like a pretty good deal here and is one of the top sellers for monitors at Tiger Direct, I'm thinking this is what I'll be getting.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2433697&Sku=A179-2204%20CA

Acer lcd's suck, one thing to keep in mind with LCD's is that they are meant to run at a certain resolution, if you do not use that resolution the screen can be brutal to look at. Text will be fuzzy and hard to look at for long periods. In my experience Acer looks ok at the native resolution but once you stray from that they are absolutely brutal. LG monitors seem to be much nicer to look at whether on the native resolution or not. Check this deal out, it's only a 20.1 but LG has a very nice bright crisp and clear image and their warranty is awesome! (and you can 4-table without overlap!)

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10075693&catid=
  • Big E wrote:
    (and you can 4-table without overlap!)
    My 15.4" laptop screen is 1680 x 1050 and 4-tabling on Stars I have a bit of overlap vertically, but only a little bit.

/g2
  • With the new version of stars you can choose to tile the screens, it will shirnk the graphics down a little an no overlap.
  • With the new version of stars you can choose to tile the screens, it will shirnk the graphics down a little an no overlap.

yeah but then you have to squint ;)
  • Big E wrote:
    With the new version of stars you can choose to tile the screens, it will shirnk the graphics down a little an no overlap.

You are getting old Eric :D
  • Big E wrote:
    With the new version of stars you can choose to tile the screens, it will shirnk the graphics down a little an no overlap.

You are getting old Eric :D
    Ahaha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

/g2

• You are getting old Eric :D

LOL, the word 'getting' is slightly inappropriate, 'gotten' is much more accurate....39 in 3 months time...and feeling much older then that, damn you Father time....sigh!