Poker Tracker or something like that?

OK, I am partially afraid to ask...because I am afraid of the answer. But I have two questions?

1) Can someone describe to me BRIEFLY how pokertracker 1) works; 2) costs; and 3) whether they would reccomend the purchase?

and

2) this is the part I am afraid of...if you wouldn't mind, could you look up "Troy Otto" on Paradise and tell me my stats? Does it say this guy is a fish, etc.?

Cheers,

Troy

ps. I lost the biggest pot of my life this weekend. Approx. $2,200. To painful to post details again as I already did on my blog...well played, but it just happens. Which leads me to a fun topic.....

3) What is the biggest pot you have ever lost.

Comments

• Okay.. in 25(ish) words or less

PT (Pokertracker) downloads the hand histories from supported sites. These histories include your hole cards / position / chip count / money bet won and lost for every hand. It accumulates all these hand histories and provides statistical analyses on them (results and information based on your hand, your actions, your position, and many many other things)

It's like crack for poker statistic OCD people. Great program

Cost: three versions - Texas / Omaha / Stud
    I think each are $55, or two for $90, three for like $140 ish range.

HOWVER You can get them free by using pokersourceonline.com

Yes, get it and love it.

Question 2: That's a damn good question... let's start a topic on that.... here!

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=10727.0
  • Mark covered most, but PT helps you keep track of online poker play, both yours and your opponents. There are also plug-ins which assist with multi-tabling. Cost as he said (pso is cheapest route if you are bonus-whoring).

Read your blog - tough hand, but you covered your mistake pretty well, which was playing in a game too big. Not to beat a dead horse, but I just withdrew most of my roll to pay for a family trip to Disney so I've had to move down limits, and I won't be back in the .50/1 until I have $3k. Like you, I don't believe my skill keeps my from the larger game, but I simply can't afford the swings and bad beats which will happen. Expensive lesson, but you won't make that mistake again ;)

I rarely play on Paradise, so I have no hands with you.

The biggest pot I've ever lost was $378.70 (at .50/1 NL)
  • You mean, if you don't play with an opponent, you can't get stats on them?
  • Otto_Troy wrote:
    You mean, if you don't play with an opponent, you can't get stats on them?
    Correct. You can "datamine" when not playing (which some do), but I don't go to the effort. I just track the people I play with.
  • I find datamining to be not helpful for 2 reasons. One I seem to see the same players at the times I play. To have a large collection of stats from some dude who plays between midnight and 4 am doesn't help me since I so rarely play at that time. Also I make notes on the people I play against which tend to be more helpful than what PT actually says.
  • Check out PokerOffice as well Troy, same deal as PT and you can get it free from some sites like Noble or Party. I like it a little better then tracker but it does pretty much the same thing with a few extras like performance/profit/loss graphs.
  • Big E wrote:
    with a few extras like performance/profit/loss graphs
    PT actually has graphs now ;) (although I'd like to take a look at PokerOffice Eric - maybe next time you have a tourney and we bust out ;) ).
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Big E wrote:
    with a few extras like performance/profit/loss graphs
    PT actually has graphs now ;)  (although I'd like to take a look at PokerOffice Eric - maybe next time you have a tourney and we bust out ;) ).

Cool, I always thought that was the one thing missing from PT....next time you're over you can have at my Poker Office and check it all out.....perhaps even tell me what the heck it all means? :)
  • Otto_Troy wrote:
    OK, I am partially afraid to ask...because I am afraid of the answer. But I have two questions?

1) Can someone describe to me BRIEFLY how pokertracker 1) works; 2) costs; and 3) whether they would reccomend the purchase?

and

2) this is the part I am afraid of...if you wouldn't mind, could you look up "Troy Otto" on Paradise and tell me my stats? Does it say this guy is a fish, etc.?

Cheers,

Troy

What is your blog address?

ps. I lost the biggest pot of my life this weekend.  Approx. $2,200.  To painful to post details again as I already did on my blog...well played, but it just happens.  Which leads me to a fun topic.....

3)  What is the biggest pot you have ever lost.
  • What is your blog address?

http://grinditoutpoker.blogspot.com ("I'm running a little promotion too")

Dave Scharf gave me a nice little plug on Canadianpoker.com which was very cool.....but he didn't post the web address.
  • Are there any sites that you can datamine PT anymore? Party was the biggest but they shut that down a long time ago.
  • moose wrote:
    Are there any sites that you can datamine PT anymore? Party was the biggest but they shut that down a long time ago.

you can still datamine party, google IWitness and FPHG (free party handgrabber) and unless i missed something big (i browse 2p2 alot and AFAIK it hasnt been posted about there) it is still allowed
  • is there a crack or a serial available for PT for those of us that want it, but don't wanna sign up through PSO?
  • djalikool wrote:
    is there a crack or a serial available for PT for those of us that want it, but don't wanna sign up through PSO?

The short answer is yes, however I strongly urge you to win it or buy it, it will save you a lot of headaches. It's very easy to win through any of the on-line offers.
  • djalikool wrote:
    is there a crack or a serial available for PT for those of us that want it, but don't wanna sign up through PSO?

Yes... it costs $55

and they'll e-mail it to you.

Seriously, if you can't PSO it, then you got issues.

:)

Mark
  • Its well worth it, too, I can almost guarantee you won't regret buying it. Also, not sure if it was mentioned yet, but PAHud is a good companion to PT, and its only $25. You can swing that, right tiger?
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Seriously, if you can't PSO it, then you got issues.

Just signed up at Full Tilt do to exactly that.
  • bdiddy69 wrote:
    Its well worth it, too, I can almost guarantee you won't regret buying it. Also, not sure if it was mentioned yet, but PAHud is a good companion to PT, and its only $25. You can swing that, right tiger?
    What exactly is PAHud?

Anyone have both Poker Office and PT, is there a reason why you will use one over the other? It sounds like with PTs graphs the programs are basically identical.

-Dave
  • CanadaDave wrote:
    bdiddy69 wrote:
    Its well worth it, too, I can almost guarantee you won't regret buying it. Also, not sure if it was mentioned yet, but PAHud is a good companion to PT, and its only $25. You can swing that, right tiger?
    What exactly is PAHud?

Anyone have both Poker Office and PT, is there a reason why you will use one over the other? It sounds like with PTs graphs the programs are basically identical.

-Dave

PAHud works with the data that you have in Poker Tracker to provide player stats on the table. It shows stats such as VIP, Agression Factor, PreFlop raises, fold to steal, etc.

It's really great when you are multitabling.

Hobbes