WCOOP $200 NL with Rebuy.... A question.

Hi guys,

I've been playing for about 18 mths with moderate success. Up until now I've never played anything bigger than the odd $100 PS deepstack or the $20 rebuy. Next month I plan on playing in my first "big time" tourney; event #6 of the WCOOP, the $200 Rebuy. My question is this....

I have $600 in $W to spend on this tourney. Will the rebuy period at this level be an all-in fest like the $5 and $10 dollar Stars rebuys? I normally take the Rebuy right away in those small tourneys. Should I try to double up my initial buy in and keep $200 in reserve in case I lose a race, or should I rebuy right away and play tight until the Add-on period. Remember... If I rebuy right away, have a race, and lose... my bankroll will not allow me to buy back in. Should I just Rebuy and add-on and play this tourney like a Deepstack. That's $8000 in chips with blinds that only go up every 30 minutes.

I would appreciate some advice from players that have experience with these big $$ (for me) Rebuy Tourneys.

Thanks

Stinkyfingers

Comments

• Generally the bigger rebuys play more like a freezeout in the rebuy period unless you happen to get a top player who just wants to build a stack regardless of the cost at your table but in that big a field it's very unlikely. I would rebuy right off the bat and play it like a deeper stacked freezeout.
  • You need to start off with as many chips as possible or you are at a disadvanteg -- rebuy right away. Unfortunately, just going in with $600 puts you at a disadvantage in such an event -- why not play a bigger freezout instead?
  • I looked at last years results and for 2200 players there was 1800 rebuys. I don't think it will be a big dissadvantage.... Unfortunately I cannot play any other suitable tourney because I will be working on those days. The only other options are the Heads up Tourney or the Limit Tourney, neither of which are appealing to me.

I think Rebuying right away with the add-on and playing the tourney like a deepstack will be the way to go. I'll give it a go and see what happens.... My handle is TJQKAsuited.... feel free to drop by and cheer me on.

Thanks
  • I'd say 600 is fine

200 buyin and rebuy off start and play normal poker.. if you bust you bust and drop 400.. If you make it to end of 1st hour then 200 more for the addon in a must for the extra chips to keep ya ahead of the blinds..