2006 wsop main event on tv??

hello everybody,

I have downloaded the first two episodes of the 2006 main event and have tried to find out when it is on tv so i can watch it on espn, but i have not been able to find anything, does anyone know when episodes 3 and 4 are to be broadcasted on espn? thanks very much

Comments

• http://poker.about.com/od/tvshows/a/wsoptvschedule.htm

ESPN Schedule for the 2006 World Series of Poker

World Series of Poker Main Event Airdates:

August 22 -- 8 & 9 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event coverage begins

August 29 -- 8 & 9 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event coverage continues

September 5 -- 8 & 9 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event coverage continues

September 12 -- 8 & 9 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event coverage continues

September 19 -- 8 & 9 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event coverage continues

September 26 -- 8 p.m. -- $10,000 buy-in No-limit Hold'em Main Event players play down to final table

September 26 -- 9 p.m. -- Main Event Final Table

World Series of Poker Bracelet Championships:

October 3 -- 8 p.m. -- $1,500 No Limit Hold'em

October 3 -- 9 p.m. -- $1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em

October 10 -- 8 p.m. -- $2,500 No Limit Hold'em

October 10 -- 9 p.m. -- $2,000 No Limit Hold'em

October 17 -- 8 p.m. -- $1,000 No Limit Hold'em

October 17 -- 9 p.m. -- $10,000 Omaha

October 24 -- 8 p.m. -- $1,000 No Limit Hold'em

October 24 -- 9 p.m. -- $50,000 HORSE event

October 31 -- 8 p.m. -- $2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em

October 31 -- 9 p.m. -- $2,000 No Limit Hold'em
  • Does anybody know when it will start showing on Canadian TV?
  • That's what I wanna know :) I dont get ESPN, but I've seen last year that TSN becomes ESPN sometimes for things like the WSOP.

I hope CGTV grows into something big soon so they can actually start airing big tournies like WPT and WSOP instead of the small Party/888 opens in the UK.
  • I've downloaded the torrents of all the shows aired so far (episodes 11-16 are the Main Event). Excellent coverage...they've focused on a different person each time:

Ep 11 (Day 1) - Phil Hellmuth
    Ep 12 (Day 1) - Mike Matusow
    Ep 13 (Day 1) - Joe Hachem
    Ep 14 (Day 2) - Daniel Negreanu
    Ep 15 (Day 3) - Annie Duke
    Ep 16 (Day 4) - Dmitri Nobles (he was the chip leader for a day or so)

Plus the usual side stories about other players (young cancer survivor, 91-year-old guy, etc).

Definitely worth downloading if you have the bandwidth.

Mike
  • if anyone is interested I've downloaded the torrents and could post the .avi files on an FTP site for download. I don't have a huge amount of bandwidth but you would be able to get them downloaded in a decent amount of time

Garry
  • Just saw a hand involving Terry Menezes of Regina. (pronounced Regeena, according to the ignoramus McEachern)

I realize most Americans know nothing about Canada, but that was brutal.