Kudos to PokerStars

Since we couldn't get enough players together tonight, Tom, Jenn and I decided to play a $4 180-player SnG tonight.  Tom and I, not caring about the money and wanting to win, bubbled at 20th and 23rd (money was 18). LOL.

Anyway, at one point, Jenn and I were on the same table, seated next to each other.  One of the players had 3 railbirds who continuously harassed anybody who lost a pot to this guy.  The player was totally silent, and played fairly well, but these railbirds got more than a bit annoying.  They also decided to target my wife, which was a BIG mistake.  I verbally jousted with them for a bit, but eventually that stopped being enjoyable, and they still wouldn't leave (and were killing the mood for the table).  I emailed support, and within minutes, they went quiet, and I received the following reply:
Hello beanie42,

I appreciate the time you took to write us regarding your concern. As we cannot monitor every table 24 hours, we are glad to have players as our "eyes and ears".

After review of the chat log, we have decided to remove this player's chat privileges. Their language was totally inappropriate and abusive to others. Our games are to be kept clean, fun, and a comfortable environment for everyone. We cannot tolerate this type of behavior at our tables.

Regards,

Randy
PokerStars Support Team

They always get the "bad press", so I thought I'd post a thank-you and show the better side of support.

Comments

• it's people like you that had me write an appoligy letter to my poker room to enable my chat again :P

We only swear and stuff to induce calls, get the other person on tilt....I don't agree with railbirds trash talking, cuz' they aren't even in the game. So Kudos to you for ratting on them!
  • I've had enough with abusive players. While the standard response from support is to mute the player, often the player gets the entire table mouthing back and I don't want to mute everyone, since when they leave they don't get unmuted those players weren't the instigator of the problem. Losing the ability to chat with players takes some of the fun away from the game.

Anyways I emailed Hollywood Poker with a complaint, they gave me a free tourney ticket as a thank you. Only irritating thing was they wanted an actual screen shot. Can't they go through the chat logs? or are they just lazy?
  • Nice.

A little bit of jousting back and forth is fine but when players get abusive and swear it's not cool and they should have chat removed. Kudos to you for taking the time to report it and to PS for doing something about it.
  • djalikool wrote:
    it's people like you that had me write an appoligy letter to my poker room to enable my chat again :P
    I'll take that as a compliment...
    Ercules wrote:
    Kudos to you for taking the time to report it and to PS for doing something about it.
    I usually am too lazy, but it's easy enough to take the time when they're taking shots at the missus :h: . 
  • This is why I leave the Info box "on" when I'm in a MTT/SnG at Stars.

Kudos to you, Trevor, for defendign your wifes honour.

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Kudos to you, Trevor, for defendign your wifes honour.
    off-topic, but I remember you and Brent defended it for me at Voodoo - I haven't forgotten!
  • PS support has always been responsive to any of my emails. Once in a while you get guys hanging around after someone busts out on a bad beat and they just have to swear at the guy who busted them out. Not just a single comment but ongoing commentary which really disrupts the game. I have no problems sending an email during the game and they are either warned or have chat revoked pretty fast.

Why can't your wife send her own emails though? It only takes a few seconds.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Why can't your wife send her own emails though? It only takes a few seconds.
    She can, but like me, she has a thick enough skin that she usually ignores it (and is lazy ;) ).  It probably bothered me more than it did her... I'm overly protective (I even walk closest to the road, just in case ;) ).
  • fair enough. i do that road thing too...
  • Yes i could have sent my own email but:
    1) i do have thick skin and i can ignore it.
    2) i don't have and email account set up on my lap top.
    3) it nice that some one cares about you enough to defend your honour. it not that i can't take care of myself but it's a special feeling to know that somebody see's me a tresure to be valued.

The street thing used to drive me NUTS but after a few years just chalked it up to a male ego thing and let it go, today Trevor proved (again) that he is my hero, while walking down the street today there was an accident RIGHT beside us and he pushed me out of the way and assumed the spiderman stance (like he was going to jump on the hood of the car or something. :)

So I'll send out my own Kudos to Trevor :h:
  • KangaX5 wrote:
    d he pushed me out of the way and assumed the spiderman stance (like he was going to jump on the hood of the car or something. :)

BEANIEMAN TO THE RESUE!!!!!!

I'm sure Mark could loan him a cape and a pair of tights.

Well done, Trevor!
  • nice spelling johnnie H rescue  u mean i think hahahahah
  • <RING> <RING>

Hello?

Hello Kettle?

Yes

Hi, Pot calling

Oh, hi pot!

You're black

<click>

Mark
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    I'm sure Mark could loan him a cape and a pair of tights.
    After seeing the types of stuff Mark is into (like Brokeback Superman), I want nothing to do with his tights...
  • Dear Johnnie,

I understand if you wish to hide from the forum for a while. You have just be taught how to spell by Cole. That is like telling a story and having Haddon call B.S. Or telling a Star Wars story and having DrTyore call you a geek.

We understand your shame.

Flint Bones
  • Dear Johnnie,

I understand if you wish to hide from the forum for a while. You have just be taught how to spell by Cole. That is like telling a story and having Haddon call B.S. Or telling a Star Wars story and having DrTyore call you a geek.

We understand your shame.

Flint Bones

... or eating a baby and having Flint Bones tell you it's wrong.

/g2
  • Or trying to compare attractiveness of roommates with Greg.

Mark
  • I nominate Cole as the "official" forum spell checker!
  • OOPS!!!

Spelling IS one of my biggest handicaps. I guess my only defense is that it was just after 6AM when I made that post.

Johnnie

ps...thanks for spelling JOHNNIE right!!
  • Pokerstars is awesome. With all their recent updates its clear stars is going to be growing bigger and bigger and I predict in a few years it will be hard to say that any single site has ANYTHING on stars. (maybe a lil zealous)