Worst verdict ever

You'd think they could have fabricated a better cause of death than "she fell and hit her head".

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/07/28/kazemi_judiciary040728.html

TEHRAN - Iran's judiciary said on Wednesday that the fatal head injuries suffered by Canadian photojournalist Zahra Kazemi while in custody were an accident.

"With the acquittal of the sole defendant, only one option is left: the death of the late Kazemi was an accident due to a fall in blood pressure resulting from a hunger strike and her fall on the ground while standing," said a judiciary statement, obtained by the Associated Press.

Comments

• wow. They need to get the gang from CSI over there.

When I saw the title "worst verdict ever" I was epxecting to see something asking what, in our opinion was the worst verdict in history.

My reply to THAT is: Just about ever murder trial in Canada.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    "With the acquittal of the sole defendant, only one option is left: the death of the late Kazemi was an accident due to a fall in blood pressure resulting from a hunger strike and her fall on the ground while standing," said a judiciary statement, obtained by the Associated Press.

Unless she was 10 feet tall, it doesn't seem very likely. But hey, it is Iran...