PokerinCda WPT Niagara Sat - Any Details?

Anyone try one of these satellites yet? what are the structure details? Thanks.

Comments

• I PM'd PokerInCanada to ask.

I look at the site at the Borgata Sats (Niagara starts monday I think)

Level 1/2 are 6 min ($0.33 and $3)
    Level 3 8 min ($26 buyin)
    Level 4 10 min ($231 buyin)
    Level 5 10 min ($2090 buyin)

They are single table S&G
    No REBUY (I like that part)

Hobbes
  • anybody on the forum acutally playing on this site?
  • I saw the ad as well and it looks interesting. If americans can sign up, I will be playing in some of these.

One concern is the no cash value of the copper tokens or credits. So you basically have to win 3 straight SNG's to make sure you don't waste any money. I like to store up Step equity..but it would appear to be a waste.
  • Hi Guy's,

I have posted some additional information about our WPT Niagara satellite in the PokerInCanada forum.
    If americans can sign up, I will be playing in some of these.

Yes Otto_Troy, Americans can enter.

The prize package of $15,200 US is much larger than the tournament buy-in of $10,300 CAD leaving lot's of cash for accommodations, spending money and airfare no matter where in the world you may live.

Good luck to all PokerForum.ca members who enter and let's pray for a Canadian to win the WPT "North American Poker Championship" event!

No offence to our American poker playing friends. And the Mexicans.
  • Looks like there is only a single day for the final stage.

http://www.actionpokernetwork.com/wpt_cad/index.html

I hope this is just a typo.....

Hobbes
  • I agree that having October 22 as the sole championship date does not make sense. First of all, it is too close to the October 25 start date and most wanna-be winners will have difficulty in taking the week off on such short notice. Secondly, many Ontario players want to play in the smaller WPT Canadian Poker Open Championship starting on October 22, but it is the same day as ActionPokerNetwork's finals.

By the way, is 20% rake normal for online tournaments?
    Hobbes wrote:
    Looks like there is only a single day for the final stage.
  • Hi Guys,

I'm having troubles getting the new PokerInCanada forum set up so that members can post.

I will have the answers to all of your questions ASAP.
  • By the way, is 20% rake normal for online tournaments?

Stage 1 - is 25%....... it's only 2 bucks

Stage 2 - 11%

Stage 3 - 10%

Stage 4 - 11%

I think that's pretty fair.

You can turn $2 into $15,200 by beating only 40 players.

15 + 9 + 9 + 7 = 40

And even if you come in second at the Stage 2 or 3 levels you get another free shot or 2 at the stage 1 level.

I'm not saying it will be easy to win but it's a fair tournament structure if you like playing SNG's.

It's a chance to win the poker trip of a lifetime for a few dollars.
  • You can turn $2 into $15,200 by beating only 40 players.

15 + 9 + 9 + 7 = 40
    lol. 40 or nearly 13000? 16*10*10*8 - 1 = 12799 losers who contributed to the winners package. but i am splitting hairs...
  • I agree with your math pkrfce9 but if you look at it as a multi-table tournament of 5 tables then my logic is correct.

You play 15 players  from 2 tables and win all their chips.

Move to the next level and beat 9.

Move on and beat 9.

Move on and beat 7.

Like I said this wouldn't be easy to accomplish....  but it is certainly is possible.

Obviously turning $2 into $15,200 will take some skill and a huge amount of luck but that's tournament poker.

I believe our WPT Niagara satellites are a fair shot at a huge prize package that includes accommodations for two ( thanks to my efforts I may add) ..... and it's a chance for you guy's to try out the software and clean up in the fishy cash games.

Tip - Seek out the Asian players and drunk eastern Americans after 10 PM if you live on the west coast. It's almost free money.

I'll start a " Fish Alert" thread in the PokerInCanada forum as soon as Neil can fix the problem of allowing members to post.

Have a great weekend.
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    I agree that having October 22 as the sole championship date does not make sense.  First of all, it is too close to the October 25 start date and most wanna-be winners will have difficulty in taking the week off on such short notice.  Secondly, many Ontario players want to play in the smaller WPT Canadian Poker Open Championship starting on October 22, but it is the same day as ActionPokerNetwork's finals.

By the way, is 20% rake normal for online tournaments?
    Hobbes wrote:
    Looks like there is only a single day for the final stage.

So, is the final only 1 day?
  • Wait so are you actually an employee of PokerinCanada now or just an affiliate?
  • I have been registered for the last 3 days an haven't been awhile to play in step 1. Not enuff interest on this site.
  • Hi guys,
    Wait so are you actually an employee of PokerinCanada now or just an affiliate?

I am an affiliate of PokerInCanada who has been asked by them to receive input from Canadian players on how to improve their software and tournaments. I'm in direct contact with them everyday so your questions and comments are having an impact.
    So, is the final only 1 day?

Two more final Stages will be added, the exact dates willl be announced tomorrow........ thanks to Hobbes.

The Stage 1 and 2 satellites will now have 1200 in starting chips...... thanks to PokerForum.ca members suggestions.
    I have been registered for the last 3 days an haven't been awhile to play in step 1. Not enuff interest on this site.

I have suggested to PokerInCanada management that they don't have enough traffic to run the satellites as true Sit and Gos and that they should have specific start times.

Their answer.

"We are working on scheduling the tables rather than having them as sit-and-go's. We have just made a major upgrade to our system so the change will not take place until tomorrow morning. They will probably be every 2 hours."

What do you guys think of these changes?

Any other suggestions you would like to make will go directly to PokerInCanada for consideration.

Thanks for your time.
  • Only suggestion so far would be to reiterate the point of having scheduled mtt sats in addition to the sngs.
  • Only suggestion so far would be to reiterate the point of having scheduled mtt sats in addition to the sngs. 

Thanks actyper....... I'll pass that along.
  • You only have to be nineteen to play in the event at Fallsview. Why would PIC need you to be 21?
  • You only have to be nineteen to play in the event at Fallsview.  Why would PIC need you to be 21?

I believe it's because if you win the WPT Niagara event, you also receive a free $25,000 buy-in to the WPT champonship event at the Bellagio in Las Vegas where you must be 21 to enter.

That's just my guess.

I can ask them for an official answer to your question if you wish pokermojo?
  • I'd like the answer to that, too, please!
  • Another thing is, who wants to play a $1.60 sat where 1 in 16 make it. Maybe make a step 1.5 for $5 where 1 in 5 make it onto the next step, for those who dont' want to pay $25.
  • actyper wrote:
    Another thing is, who wants to play a $1.60 sat where 1 in 16 make it. Maybe make a step 1.5 for $5 where 1 in 5 make it onto the next step, for those who dont' want to pay $25.

jesus, i never thought i'd see the day when a forum member complained about something being too low a limit
  • You only have to be nineteen to play in the event at Fallsview.  Why would PIC need you to be 21?

Here is the official answer.
    I have requested that the text on the site be changed to reflect the age requirement. This is standard text we use for the WPT and just missed this.

It looks like it was just an oversite on their part and the age requirement will be changed to 19. Nice work guys.
    Another thing is, who wants to play a $1.60 sat where 1 in 16 make it.  Maybe make a step 1.5 for $5 where 1 in 5 make it onto the next step, for those who dont' want to pay $25.

I agree with you actyper. This tournament need some changes. PIC will be fine tuning it over the next week or so to make it more appealing to tournament players.

There  hasn't been much interest in the WPT Niagara satellites yet,  but that will soon change  as the WPT Borgata sats rap up on Sat. Sept. 2

Tip: To enter a WPT Niagara sat now.....  try registering during peek traffic around 8 PM Pacific/ 11 PM Eastern
  • I registered for a stage 1 tourny last night at about 10:45 and it perpetually sat at waiting for 3 more players.

I eventually unregistered from the tourny and played some cash games ----> I have a new favorite site for the time being :)

I'll be trying again tonight, hopefully something will fill up.
  • Hi Ercules,

That tournament did finally fill up at 8:30 PM Pacific.

I understand your frustration, but like I was saying, interest in the WPT Niagara sats will really pick up when the WPT Borgata sats finish on Saturday.

I also just found out that TigerGaming, which is part of the same network, will start WPT Niagara sats on Monday Sept. 4 bringing more players to the satellite tables.

I eventually unregistered from the tourny and played some cash games ----> I have a new favorite site for the time being

Yes they are well know for their soft cash games.

Good luck to you.
  • Thanks for the reply.

And just for the record I wasn't really frustrated. I just wanted to let other forum members know that there will be a bit of a wait for these tourny's to start. I just didn't feel like waiting it out myself last night.

Hopefully tonight's will start okay.
  • FYI

A WTP Niagara Stage 1 satellite just filled up at 6 PM Pacific.

A couple of  more should start tonight for those who are interested.

I hope that Neil in administation fixes the problem of allowing members to post in the PokerInCanada forum  soon so we can move this thread over there.

I hate spamming the general forums, like this one with my PokerInCanada info but I have no choice right now but to answer your questions here.

Neil please send me over to the PokerInCanada forum where I belong!

Neil?
  • I just read some where on the site that there is only 1 stage 4 qualifer. Is that true? What happens when 30 people have enuff rings to play only the first 7 to qualify get to play in the event? Could u clear this up for me because this is not sitting good with me.
  • There is only one stage 4 scheduled right now but of course more will be added if enough people qualify.