Doyle's Room - How are 'Action Points' calculated?

I was looking at signing up at Doyle's Room so I sent an email to support to see exactly how 'Action Points' are calculated. It seems like you need a lot of them to clear the deposit bonus? I got a confusing response:
Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting us.

The higher the table stakes and the higher the amount of money that you put into the pot, the more action points that you will receive. We do not have a set amount of how many action points you will receive per dollar.

Does anyone know how these points accumulate particularly at the low levels of $0.50/1.00 or $1/2?

Comments

• Raked Hand Definition
    Golden Palace awards a maximum of 300 Action Points per hand, distributed amongst the players who actually contributed money to the pot (blinds count). These Action Points essentially correspond to number of cents taken in rake. So, a $3 rake would generate the maximum 300 Action Points. A 50 cent rake would generate 50 Actions Points. You will receive a percentage of the Action Points for the hand in proportion to how much of the total pot you contributed.

Example: If the rake for the hand is $1, 100 Action Points will be awarded to those who actually placed a bet in the hand. If you contributed exactly 50% of the total pot, you will receive 50% of the Action Points, or 50, for that hand.

Golden Palace also awards 100 Action Points for every dollar in tournament fees
  • Seriously the best way to clear is by sngs.
  • SNG's clear pretty easy but so does 1/2 limit or 2/4 limit. Mind you I play aggressive so I get my money in the pot when I have the best of it so I clear a good chunk of the action points. It will drag tho if you keep getting dealt crap.
  • Problem is with limit is that many hands are multi-way so the action points get chopped. nl clears better because you are more often heads up in the hand and therefore get 50% of the points.
  • That is true, but I usually rake in about 40,000 action points in a month so it's not that big a deal. Playing SNG's exclusively I cleared the $135 doyle's room bonus in a week.

Straight from the site:

A pool of Action Points is generated per hand. Each time a bet is made, the Action Points pool increases.
    So, the larger the pot, the more Action Points there will be *.
    The available points per pot will be distributed to all players who are dealt a hand in the pot on a pro-rated (percentage) basis.
    The more you bet, the larger your share of the hand's available Action Points will be -- and it doesn't matter whether you win or lose the pot!
    Currently, Action Points awarded for tournament fees are credited towards the Action Points usable for freeroll entries and prizes.

* For every real money hand that is dealt a maximum of 300 Action Points will be awarded.
    Tourney entries get you 100 action points per $1 in tourney fees.
    For real money hands it is how moose said it was
  • Thanks guys, they said they could not clarify how the action points related to the rake for me so thanks for doing that...looks like sng's are the way to go, sweet, I love them!
  • Try the extended sngs - longer blind levels. You can wait out the donks for good hands and they really don't end up taking much longer than the regular ones.
  • Thanks Moose, will do!