Late suggestion

instead of having half a team playing stud and the other omaha, plus a Limit hold em game, why don't we combine them and have a HORSE tourny instead, it'llmake sure the games will finish closer together(the stud ran much longer than omaha) and give all player an oportunity to play both stud and omaha.

Comments

• instead of having half a team playing stud and the other omaha, plus a Limit hold em game, why don't we combine them and have a HORSE tourny instead, it'llmake sure the games will finish closer together(the stud ran much longer than omaha) and give all player an oportunity to play both stud and omaha.
    I would LOVE to play HORSE, however many players know one game and not the other, and this also adds in Razz (which few play). Probably not a good idea, especially on only a few weeks notice...
  • Problem is some players don't know how to play stud or omaha and signed up knowing they only have to play one or the other not both.
  • My opinion is that it is hard enough to find 8 committed members who want to play EITHER Omaha or Stud.  Forcing every single player to learn and play at least five poker variants will result in less teams, including my own.

I think a 12-15 hour event is too long for a lot of players, so lessons learned from the last event can be used to shorten the times.  What about removing the blinds cap or when there is only one table left?

What about having the heads up matches start as soon as players get eliminated from their table?  Instead of a whopping 10-point coin-flip for just one heads up match at the end of a very long day, there may be time for 2 or 3 heads up matches throughout the day worth 3-5 points each.
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    Instead of a whopping 10-point coin-flip for just one heads up match at the end of a very long day, there may be time for 2 or 3 heads up matches throughout the day worth 3-5 points each.
    First HORSE, now HU. I liked the pressure of the HU at the last Cup.

Here's a suggestion. Use some of the minor tweaks figured out from the last one, and keep the format the same. It worked, everyone enjoyed themselves, and that's what we've all signed up for!

• Here's a suggestion.  Use some of the minor tweaks figured out from the last one, and keep the format the same.  It worked, everyone enjoyed themselves, and that's what we've all signed up for!

I totally agree! I would like to play Horse only to have the oportunity to play the variety of games, instead of choosing either omaha or stud. Personally I prefer both omaha and stud over limit hold em.

I had a great time at the first cup and had no real problem with the whole day and can't wait to see how the competition has improved since the last one
  • Just an FYI

I did send out an email asking Captains about the format and possibly having everyone playing Stud and Omaha. The response in general was not positive. So the result is the same games with a modification in the bling lengths by a couple mins and starting Stud with less chips. This should eliminate a lot of the time problems we had. Also the HU at the end of the day I feel was a great finisher. The logisitcs will be worked out smoother to eliminate I estimated about 2 hours off the day.