DoylesRoom.com Spams!

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed in DoylesRoom.com. One of three things is happening here.

1) They've sold my email address.

2) They Spam themselves.

3) Someone internally is hijacking email addresses and sending Spam to them.

None of these are very cool, and I'd figure in this day and age that information security would be one of the top priorities, especially with gambling sites.

This address was only used to signup for DoylesRoom.com, as I use a completely different email address for everything I do online. The domain has been removed for security reasons.
To: doylesroom-com-reg@MYDOMAIN
Date: Aug 22, 2006 2:13 AM
Subject: Great games, Big Winnings, & thousands of players
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
geo puff keyed boat
You've been selected to Play at the HI-ROLLER CASIN0!
Your promotional ID is IIZ02525103
Benefits include:
* Up to $888 real money to gamble with
* Fastest growing/most trusted online
company
* Play all your favorite games: Poker, Hold'em, Black Jack, Slots, etc.
* Play at
no-cost to see how exciting and easy it is
* Rapid payouts to all clientele & 24/7 support
Great games, Big Winnings, & thousands of players
This is a limited chance that expires at the
end of the month.
Play where the world is Playing
asks salad beefy slab
af detach basic filmy
Ralp ayto un subsc ribe

Comments

• Did you e-mail Doylesroom support?
  • I've played at Doyle's room and it's not been a problem. My e mail there is linked to my neteller account e mail. I get way more spam to my regular account that gets used for almost everything. I'd e mail support and see what they say. I do get e mails from them about upcoming tourney's etc, but that happens at most sites anyway, some kind of newsletter etc gets e mailed out.
  • There is a 4th option as well Doctor B.S. .

Depending on what you have as "MYDOMAIN", it is quite likely that somebody out there is spamming all possible addresses at that domain. For example at my university account, i would always get spam, that in the to: field also contained everypossible alphanumeric combination that started with the same 5 letters as mine, so I think it is safe to say they spammed all possible addresses at my university's domain. Unless the "mydomain" you speak of, is your own domain, and this is the only address at that domain, I think it is far more likely that some e-mail address that shares a Domain with you made it onto this spammers list, and then they simply just mass e-mailed every possible address at that domain.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame Doyle's room on this one. Keep in mind, I'm only offering a 4th alternative, it is still possible Doyle's room is to blame; but I doubt it.
  • James & AcidJoe

I contacted support last night and their response was, "Thanks, we'll look into this", and that was it.

CanadaDave

"MYDOMAIN" is a domain I have setup just for email online, and like I said I use a completely separate address for everything I do (I've worked in anti-spam for years so I have many measures in place to ensure that I have myself protected). The likelihood that someone just happened to think up using "doylesroom-com-reg@MYDOMAIN" to send Spam to is pretty low, and there's a much better chance that someone inside the organization is taking email addresses and using them for themselves (either that or they have a security problem and someone managed to get their list remotely).

Whether directly or indirectly, Doyle's Room is at fault. Period.
  • They sent me spam, offering FREE $10, I took it. Maybe it confirms my email, but hey, I got 10 bones for it!