Great Sayings

I don't know who first said this... and I'm sure it wasn't about poker, but it sure applies...

"It is neither possible, nor desirable, to get respect from idiots!"

Comments

• "Said, if you're gonna play the game, boy, you gotta learn to play it right"

-Kenny Rogers, from "The Gambler"

And for a non-poker quote:

"Please, please, kids, stop fighting. Maybe Lisa's right about America being the land of opportunity,
    and maybe Adil's got a point about the machinery of capitalism being oiled with the blood of the workers."

-Homer Simpson
  • "There are two things that are infinite; the Universe and the human stupidity."
    ~ Albert Einstein

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    ~ Rich Cook

"Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us."
    ~ Jean Rostand

"User, n. The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot.""
    ~ Dave Barry
  • We heard a great one at the Orleans the other night.
    Men "the master" Nguyen was playing a 240 player multi no limit tourney that I was in too. Commotion came from his table and a player who was beside him got up and left the area.
    A player from the table beside mine who musta known the master pretty well yells over to him
    "Men did you just bust that guy?"
    Men looks over as the whole room is basically paying attention to him and says "no, he busted himself!". Everyone started laughing.
    Men did infact scoop the pot.
  • CanadaKev wrote:
    We heard a great one at the Orleans the other night.
    Men "the master" Nguyen was playing a 240 player multi no limit tourney that I was in too. Commotion came from his table and a player who was beside him got up and left the area.
    A player from the table beside mine who musta known the master pretty well yells over to him
    Men looks over as the whole room is basically paying attention to him and says "no, he busted himself!". Everyone started laughing.

That's hilarious. How did you end up doing in Vegas?
  • CanadaKev wrote:
    We heard a great one at the Orleans the other night.

LOL. Men is the man.