Top On-Line Pokerrooms?

Hi Guys,
  With the hundreds of on-line pokerrooms available now, finding the best one is like looking for a needle in a burning hay stack...

Sure you can jump in and try to grab onto on quickly.. but you might get burned, if you wait long enough (and do enough research)
the needle will just show itself...

OK crappy analogy; but whatever... the question is:

What site offers the best pokerroom?

I guess this is more suitably a multipart questions. Here are the parts:

<--EDIT-- Can't belileve I forgot the most important question ---> 0. What site has the most fish? 

1.  Which site offers the best variety of games?
1b. Are there any sites that are better for one game but not another?

2.  What site offers the best bonuses?

3.  What site offers the best tournaments?
3b. Is there one site that offers better selection of tournaments at a certain limit than the rest?

4.  What site offers the biggest variety of stakes?
4b. Is there a site that has more low-stakes vs. a site with a ton of high-stake games?

5.  What site offers the best software (ie. more features, or just better features)?

So what are your thoughts guys?

Comments

• Perhaps to get the discussion going, I'll add in a few of my thoughts.

So far I have tried Ultimatebet, Party Poker, and True Poker.

True poker, I felt had the best software. Ultimate had the absolute worst software (ie, going down all the time, and buttons not working). And Party Poker's software was pretty standard.

Ultimate seems to have a ton of tables available most of the time at a good variety of limits; but I find during peak times it takes way too long to get into a decent tourney.

Partypoker I would rate a standard, not bad; but not great at really any of the options I stated above.

I'll add more later, I'm tired of typing.
  • I like the Tribeca sites (doyle's room, victor chandler) since they way they struture their action points it creates action I find. However that does lead to bad beats and suck outs. It's relatively easy to clear bonus's there. I cleared the $135 bonus at doyles' room in about a week. I'm just about cleared my VC bonus for $350 right now. VC offers a monthly reload for 15% max 150 which is low but if I'm going to play there anyways why not deposit the $1K clear the bonus then withdraw to neteller and wait for the next month.
  • I'm rather partial to the world poker exchange due to the fact that it is 100% rake free.
  • 7sultans ...players are easy
  • Thanks for the opinions guys. I see we received a bunch of Pokerstars votes; but nobody posted their opinions on it.

What makes pokerstars better than the rest?

I was beginning to think we wouldn't get any votes on this poll, glad to hear some feedback.
  • djalikool wrote:
    7sultans ...players are easy

That goes for most prima rooms. The hyper aggressive european players make it interesting.
  • I've added sites to the poll, you will need to change your votes accordingly.

(this doesn't count as bumping does it?, I'm providing a useful update I think) I don't want to violate any rules, so if someone knows please bring it to my attention.
  • Pokerstars is great because you are never more than a few minutes away from a great tournament.

IMO - Pokerstars is the only site that has great SNGs, Cash Games and MTTs always availabe.

Most sites do well at one area - but few have good cash games (at all limits), good SNGs, and IMO no site matches PokerStars for MTTS.
  • I agree with AcidJoe - I like the Tribeca network sites, especially now that they work with Pokertracker.  The software is very stable and has never crashed on me.  The sngs are very soft with a good structure and are a good way to quickly clear the bonuses.  Most of the tourneys have guaranteed prizes and quite often run with a good overlay.
  • Well I'm going to give PokerStars a try for the next few weeks, and see how much better than UB it is. (which I'm sure is a ton), and then after that, I'll head over to a Tribeca site, like Doyle's.

Cheers.
  • What about Pokerroom and a skin of Pokerroom, Daniel's site, Full Contact Poker? I like both of them, good low limit SNG's. ie $5. SNG's and MTT's are only $5. + .50 whereas Party is $5. + 1. $25. NL seems quite soft at times with people way over valuing top pair.
  • I'm a Pokerstars man.

But the cash games at Party are so soft, I can't help myself.

Johnnie
  • compuease wrote:
    What about Pokerroom and a skin of Pokerroom, Daniel's site, Full Contact Poker? I like both of them, good low limit SNG's. ie $5. SNG's and MTT's are only $5. + .50 whereas Party is $5. + 1. $25. NL seems quite soft at times with people way over valuing top pair.

I like the Pokerroom network but have to give thumbs down to Pokerrooms customer support. They ripped me on a tourney that shut down and I'll never go back. Hollywood Poker is the skin I play now and while I have had several problems, customer service has always fixed it quickly.
  • compuease wrote:
    What about Pokerroom and a skin of Pokerroom, Daniel's site, Full Contact Poker? I like both of them, good low limit SNG's. ie $5. SNG's and MTT's are only $5. + .50 whereas Party is $5. + 1. $25. NL seems quite soft at times with people way over valuing top pair.

I hate PokerRoom, the support software is absolutely horrible, although I do find the players very weak the reload bonuses can take some time to clear at the low limits. The support and software are so bad I stopped playing there.
    I hear it's almost impossible to clear bonuses at Full Contact?

I have to agree with Tom and the rest , nobody can compare with Poker Stars for SNG/MTT game selection and availability, and at the low levels softness of opponents.
    I love Party, Empire,and Paradise for easy reload bonuses however they don't offer them frequently enough anymore?

I used to play mainly at Absolute as they reloaded twice weekly, they've doubled their raked hand requirements so unless you play NL or $2/4 limit it's hard to clear so I no longer play there either.....although I love them for giving me $20-30 every other month free and clear because my account sits dormant. :)
  • Has anyone tried pokerincanada.com? Is it any good? Enough fish to sustain ones bankroll?

Is there much Canadian content?

How about wpt niagara satellites?
  • Right now I vote for Party since they put money in my account. Playing some 1/2 limit and BJ I've tripled what they gave me and it's no longer restricted to cash out YEAH>>>>>>>
  • pokerincanada is a Tigergaming skin.  Mostly Canadian players.  Not much traffic but the players are loose and fishy.  It is my most profitable network.

pm me for a great deal on that network. (rakeback + continuous, stackable reloads)
  • No mention of Full Tilt. Anyone play on it? How is it?
  • TexLexus wrote:
    No mention of Full Tilt.  Anyone play on it?  How is it?

Full Tilt is excellent, the best IMO (I've played @ PP, PS, UB). Try it (they have 100% deposit bonus).
  • TexLexus wrote:
    No mention of Full Tilt. Anyone play on it? How is it?

I like it a lot. My options are limited because I use a Mac (pokerroom (OnGame?) and other skins + full tilt). The deposit bonus at full tilt is good, but I couldn't clear it all at the limits I play.

pros (for me):

5+.50 HORSE sit-n-gos
    .05-.10 PL OH8
  • I play on UB and Full Tilt primarily. Whenever I start getting cold cards on one site I switch to the other, been working pretty good for me.

UB has a good tourny schedule for NL.

I like the variety of tourny's available on Full Tilt (HORSE, Stud, etc...) and the interface better
  • Funny how no one mentioned Supreme. Sloth is gonna be piiiiiiiiissssssed.
  • Hi Guys,

I have posted additional information about our WPT Niagara satellites in the PokerInCanada forum.

Many new "Canadian style" promotions will be announced in the near future so stay tuned.
  • Titan poker room is tough....All the limits sharks everywhere!

You could sit with $20 in an hour at .25/.50 limit and your lucky if you make $3.00 at the end of the hour!

This one hand sticks out the most for me:

I have KK I raise.

5 other people ...fold

another hand flop AKQ

I have JJ ...I Bet....everyone folds

it's tight, not much profit there...and when you do get callers the board is higher then your pocket pair

n e one else experience this from Titan?
  • Titan customer service sucks rocks. I will never play there again.

On the plus side $2/4 limit short handed is a fish tank. Pokertracker doesn't work there and I still cashed out +$331 after about 10 hours of 1-2 tabling (some of that was deposit bonus, I'm blowing off the rest of my deposit bonus).
  • Hi Guys,

I have posted additional information about our WPT Niagara satellites in the PokerInCanada forum.

Many new "Canadian style" promotions will be announced in the near future so stay tuned.

Weird. Seems only you can post in the PokerInCanada forum section. Hard to ask questions or provide feedback.

Sorry that it is too late to provide feedback for this year's satellites but it seems to me that an entry level of $2 for a 16 person sng with 6 min blinds and 800 starting chips that pays out only 1 winner is pretty much a total crapshoot. You could buy into stage 2 but that is $25.60

Comparing to the Borgata satellites you can start with a 10 person sng for only $0.33, 6 min blinds and 1000 chips, one payout. Stage 2 is $3 10 person/6 min/1200 chip with 2 payouts. Either stage for the Borgata seems a lot fairer than stage 1 for the Niagara WPT.

The prize package is the same, so why wouldn't the satellites be the same?
  • Do to all of the positive talk regarding Full Tilt, I've added them to the poll. Also added Absolute.

If you support either, please vote.

Thanks for all your comments so far guys, it is a lot easier to sort the wheat from the chaff now.
  • Hi Guys,

I'm having troubles getting the new PokerInCanada forum set up so that members can post.

I will have the answers to all of your questions about the WPT Niagara satellites ASAP.
  • UB is a personal favourite...
  • I play micro limits at Absolute and the games are soft.

The big down side now is their bonus has become impossible to clear at anything less then .50/1.00 and has to be 1/2 to clear comffortably.