Poker Stars New Game Selection

Hey,

Just wondered if anyone was playing any of the new selections on Stars. Micro to High limits.
Razz SNG's, Horse SNG's etc.

Horse Cash games etc.

Full Tilt has offered such for a while, but, wondered if anyone was playing them on Stars.

Comments

• Wow, that's the first I hear of it. I may be going back to Stars.

Thanks, Dave.
  • AP recently introduced play chip Razz MTT. I joined one to see what it was like. About a third of players thought it was normal high 7 card stud.
  • just played a 3.40 HORSE sng on stars.. not something I'd really be interested in, finished in 7th, didn't totally understand razz like i thought i did until i was almost out, and then i lost to 9-high with my slightly worse 9 high.

oh well. was kind of fun.
  • WOW! Thanks for pointing these out. The only SnG is a $3+.40. You only start with 1000 chips and it's turbo with 5 minute blinds. However, I like all the games and have been waiting for something like this. The main thing is to pay attention to when the game switches. Many players missed this, and you can pick up a lot of dead money, especially during the switch from Razz to Stud. I wish there was more play to these, but what can you expect for this buy-in. I won it, but it wasn't as enjoyable as I hoped. Maybe they'll add a better structured SnG for various buy-ins in the future.

I'll probably try the HORSE SnG on the weekend.
  • Beanie, the juice is bad, but, there are multi table SNG's as well.

You are right though, and I know it first hand, playing a Razz hand in a Stud game SUCKS....pay attention.

Just thought the variety might interest some.

Enjoy.

p.s. I'm playing a game now..at 9:00, it started with 1500 as opposed to the 1000 that I started with this a.m.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Beanie, the juice is bad, but, there are multi table SNG's as well.
    Wow - that is high, but thanks for letting me know. To be honest, the rake isn't what bothered me (although it sucks), it was the turbo part (and the multi-SnG's are still turbos). I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium to try some HORSE, mainly for "entertainment" purposes. If they actually start normal SnG's, these could become part of my regular routine ;)
    Wolffhound wrote:
    p.s. I'm playing a game now..at 9:00, it started with 1500 as opposed to the 1000 that I started with this a.m.
    Yup - they seem to have fixed the starting stack, so it's a bit better.

I actually played a big Horse MTT yesterday - $5+.50 with 15 min blinds, and about 600 people. YAY - a decent structure. I did pretty good although I got rivered late on consecutive hands to bust out just before the money :( . However, with the 15-min blinds, it is definitely worth playing, and I'll keep looking for these ;)

For anyone thinking about trying HORSE, I was chatting with somebody last night who didn't really want to play these because he isn't that good at all the games. I told him that the play is so bad, that you don't need to be that good to be successful. IMHO, if you are good at 2 games (and merely competent in the other 3), you can do pretty good in these things.

Also, "everybody" plays Hold'Em, so even if you're strong there, I'd recommend slowing down a bit. It seems like everybody "coasts" through the other games occasionally playing a hand (to see what its like?), but when they return to HoldEm, they seem to feel a need to "grab chips while I understand the game", so there is a lot of action and a lot of bad beats (relative to a normal low-limit tourney ;) ).