Do Canadians care about MLB?

As a Detroiter, I am in shock with the sustained success of the Tigers this summer. We can't beat our rival White Sox, but after taking 2 in a row from the Red Sox against Beckett and Schilling, I am cautiously optomistic that the Tigers are going to make the playoffs (even if they blow their lead in the Central).

Any forum member's follow MLB?

Comments

• Big time, I am on mlb.com everyday. I know there are a tonne of jays fans on here, I'll watch any game on TV though. To bad about Polonco, it looked like a routine barrel role.

stp
  • I thought the same thing when I saw it. Nice grab, didn't look like a terrible fall and he separates his shoulder.

It will hurt the Tiger's depth and I don't know if it will change the lineup, but Omar Infante is a good young player and should take advantage of his opportunity.

We'll see...we go for the sweep tonight which is good for the Blue Jays.

Go Tig!!
  • I live in ottawa, most people here don't care about MLB. All about NHL, NFL and Soccer.
  • Its nice to see Leyland back at it. I still love him his days being caught ripping Bonds about "this isn't YOUR fking team Barry...It's MINE..." all the while Jim Leyland has a smoke in his hand...classic shit, great manager.

Baseball is great...radio on, working outside, beer at your side...wife tanning naked on the deck...ya, Baseball is good.
  • Leyland is already a legend of sorts in this town. His post-game press conferences are always entertaining with his gruff no B.S. style.

One time this year he was commenting on a great 14 pitch at bat by SS Carlos Guillen "Great at bat, that was a three Marlboro at bat".

Classic.