Should I buy an Xbox 360?

Worth it?

I hate the halo-style games, mostly like sports games. Purchased the original Xbox a few years back and was unimpressed then sold it. Seeing the new fight night game on tv here and there has sparked my interest again. Especially with the Xbox live, I wouldn't mind trash talking some 12 year old kid in Ohio.

Comments

• I have a few buddies with the system, and they are all quite satisfied. I guess it comes down to having the time and desire to put in that much time gaming.

Cheers
  • I'm not really a fan of FPS (first person shooter, like halo) games myself. Most of the people I know that have X-Box are usually engrossed by these games so it hasn't really interested me before. I prefer the sports (especially Madden) games and non-linear type games like GTA (Grand Theft Auto not GTA poker, hehe) and apperently X-box 360 does those pretty well but I haven't had the chance to check them out on that system.
    Personally I'm thinking of waiting for the PS3 and just shelling out the dough since I have always liked Sony's game library. They have done well with their launch titles in the previous two systems so I see no reason too doubt they will come through again. The PS3 will have all the online capabilities of X-Box 360 and a whole lot more so it's not losing any ground there. It's mostly the money, waiting for the release date and smaller initial game library.
    The game Dead Rising for the 360 has really piqued my interest. A non-linear zombie hack and slash adventure game with a fair bit of humour in it (apparently). I'm not sure how much replay value it has though, so I might just rent the system for a few days and check it and some other titles out that way before I make a purchase decision myself.

SRS
  • Shtebs wrote:
    so I might just rent the system for a few days and check it and some other titles out that way before I make a purchase decision myself.

That a good idea, Sthebs!!

Any idea what the rental fee is?
  • If i were you I would wait for the PS3, sport games are better due to the controller, plus what i have read online, the word is that it will be more powerful then 360.
    mike
  • and it will sell for 529ish dollars and play blu-ray disks......currently blu-ray disk players are selling for around 1000 bucks or more...
  • ncaa 2007 for the 360 is amazing. Its the best football game I ever played in my life.