I like Stud way too much!

I like stud way too much. I only play that game. There is barely any stud tournaments (they're all at awkward times!). Should I start learning and playing Holdem'?

Comments

• There are lots of stud tournys on Stars.
  • I only play that game.
    Should I start learning and playing Holdem'?
    Learn every game, and play whatever game gives you the most enjoyment and/or the biggest edge over the competition. If you're playing for fun, learn another game if you want to. If you're playing for profit, there are a lot more Hold'em players, so you'll have an easier time finding weak fields.

Learning everything simply gives you more weapons...
  • The easiest place to find donkeys is at the Omaha tables...The most profitable players to play against, however, are UB's royal hold'em donks. I even had one guy who didn't realise what we were playing: Taking money from him was about as difficult as running a country better than the Taliban did. (Hell, even Brezhnev's puppets did a better job.)
  • Beanie's right. Learn all the games.

I love stud too and get frustrated by the lack of tourny's. Full Tilt does have a couple as well.
  • 7 card I take it.

Find some sites that have it and keep winning money.
  • Yeah I've started to play small $ or free holdem games now. It's a lot different. It's much harder to see the other's hand. (or imagine it)
  • I find that if you squint really hard and get right up close to the screen you can almost see you oponent's hand... of course if youa re the type to try squinting hard and putting your face against a screen... you are probably prone to seeing things anyway. :D

It's true that there is a much bigger field in hold 'em so you can find some weak players to go up against; but I still find it easy to turn a profit playing omaha, and omaha hi/lo against the smaller fields. <-- this is because when you do find weak players in these games, they are the kind that have no idea how to play, and it's like taking candy from a baby. Thanks to televised WSOP and WPT, eeeeeverybody knows a least a little something about hold 'em, so you don't get the hardcore donkey's as much(though when you do find one... you should hold on to them, and never let them go!!).

That's my two cents, do with it what you will.