Rock Star

Finally a reality music show with songs I actually listen too.

This may seem like a dorky post - but i know others are out there watching this show too!

IMO Lukas killed "Creep" by Radiohead.

Comments

• Lukas or Dilana will win, that crazy b@$%h Zayra has to go......I don't watch every week but my wife is hooked and I taped it the other night for her (As Dog's wedding episode was on at the same time). I think Jason Newstead is unreal on base, I've loved him since the Flotsam and Jetsom days, Tommy Lee is also wicked on the drums but I have to say from what I have seen of Gilbey Clarke...he's pretty mediocre if not worse.
  • Zayra is hands down the best performer of the bunch, but is also completely wrong for the washed-up has-beens of "Supernova". She needs to get out on her own and start a singles career.

Most of the rest are generic charactures. Lukas was an early favorite of mine, but I've been getting bored of him over the past few weeks as I don't think he's growing as fast as some of the other contestants and he's missing the vocal power to compete.

I'm not sure who'd win at this point. I guess Dilana is standing out, but no one's run away with it yet.
  • I keep waiting for Zayra to sing 99 Luftballoons. Best she could be is a one hit wonder. Really could you stand watching an entire concert of her? Example: try listening to your New Order tape from beginning to end without beating yourself senseless first by pounding your head into the wall. Come on admit it - you have Substance somewhere and it is on tape.
  • Zithal wrote:
    Zayra is hands down the best performer of the bunch, but is also completely wrong for the washed-up has-beens of "Supernova".   She needs to get out on her own and start a singles career.

I have to agree to a point, she's entertaining and I believe that's why she has dodged so many bullets but she's just so inconsistent and yes she could never front a band with those guys...and I agree with Moose...she'd be a 1-hit wonder at best. Has-beens tho Rob? Gilbey is a waste of oxygen I agree but Tommy and Jason I think are still very good players who in the right band could still be very successful. Whether or not Supernova is that outlet remains to be seen. I for one would rather see a Perry Ferrel, Zack De La Rocha, or even a Layne Staley type front man.

I have a feeling Dilana will win, they will make one mediocre album and split...let's face it although I think Tommy is a great drummer he also seems to have a really short musical attention span lately so he'd likely be the first to leave the band to persue an opera or country career or some other form of music he has not tried yet?