Some pictures from the tournament

Wow. That's all I gotta say. Such a great time and great people! THANK YOU Zithal, and congrats to Hork.

Here we have the back of professor's head, Zithal, Scottyz and Exsqeezeme in the red hat.
zithalscott.jpg

From left to right: Ventrick, Esool (best hat ever) and professor.

ventrickesoolprof.jpg

Teach showing us how he would pose if ever he were to appear on the cover of Canadian Poker Player Magazine.

teach.jpg

The lovely Mrs.Holdem (she and her husband Mickey Holdem came all the way from Cornwall) look out Jenifer Harman!

mrsholdem.jpg

Here is Mickey and Teach (and the back of All_Aces head)

mickyteach.jpg

Here is about the best I could do in getting a shot of the whole room:

group.jpg

Here we have All_Aces smiling for the camera, Dick Hertz to his left, and Mrs. Holdem to his right...with Mickey looking on.

gang.jpg

Here from left to right Astroboy (nearly out of frame with bue hat) McTib looking like the champ he is, and Ak_1)

ericastroak.jpg

Here is me doing the "drive of shame" for busting out first. Ever taken a pic of yourself doing 140km/hr?

driveofshame.jpg

Comments

• P.s I do have a few more photos...just need to resize 'em which I will do later.

really curious to see what "The Record" has to say about it :)
  • Good stuff. Looks like you guys had a good time. When is the next one? I might get in on it, if there's room...
  • Great Pics, Red hat in the First Picture was Exsqeezeme.
  • Thanks for the pics, Sloth, they're a great reminder!
  • Looks good. You busted out first? What happened?

Haven't seen any write ups yet, hoping to soon though.
  • heh, yeah..check out the "how did you bust out of Zithal's tourney" thread in "home games"
  • Great photos!

1. Seems like we've found the happiest person in the universe. All-aces seems to be in pain from all that joy. :D

2. Looks like I'm bossing somebody around at Table 2 or something. My appologies to Table 1. When I moved to that table, everyone was making remarks about a serious rules-anal player sitting down. Since they already seemed a little intimidated by me, I decided to go into massive hard ass mode to see if I could rattle people further. It's a good thing that there *did* turn out to be a few rules/ethics violations I could pounce on with full force. I appologize if I dampened the fun... the general way I was acting was purely poker strategy and nothing more. Everyone who knows my will say I'm always a stickler for following the rules, so I'm sure I would have said something anyway no matter what, but the delivery usually would not be so cold (I hope).

Since I'm off topic anyway, the following are incredibly rude and unethical in poker:

A. Giving strategy advice when a hand is going on. Even saying things *you* think are obvious is no good. "It's a raise or fold spot.", "I wonder who's got the flush.", "He's pot-committed.", etc.

B. Talking about a physical tell you spot on another player while a hand is going on.

Okay, back to the pics:

3. I know McTib is a lot smarter than he looks there. ;)

[LOL @ "looking like the champ he is"]

4. Even the shades can't hide the pain of busting out first. Notice Sloth is the only one to have left the tournament during daylight hours. :(

BTW, that turned out to be a heck of a good call by Astroboy with the TT. IMO, tied with Dick Hertz laying down AK pre-flop to a re-raise from KK for best play of the tourney.

ScottyZ
  • "BTW, that turned out to be a heck of a good call by Astroboy with the TT. IMO, tied with Dick Hertz laying down AK pre-flop to a re-raise from KK for best play of the tourney."

I was lucky enough to watch both these hands, and couldn't agree more. Talk about fantastic reads on your opponents.
  • 1. Seems like we've found the happiest person in the universe. All-aces seems to be in pain from all that joy.

LOL that is a painful picture indeed. Here's the disclaimer: I was wearing a stupid shit-eating grin on purpose! Really! Thing is, Neil came over to take a picture, and I asked him to wait a second because my black chips and purple chip were hidden. I put them on top of my stack, plastered a stupid grin on my face, and voila! :D

Those are some great pictures, though, for the most part.

I was guilty of a minor rule infraction myself... I tossed in one black chip as a raise, and after some discussion it was ruled (correctly) as being a call. In my home games, we usually defer to what people honestly *meant* to do in these types of situations, which has made me a bit lazy I guess with regard to some of the more subtle rules of poker. Nonetheless, I knew the rule, but didn't follow it, so I got what I deserved.

Again, it was a great time, and thanks for posting some pictures. I look forward to the next one, and not just because I forgot my Vegas Elvis shades at Zithal's place.... ;)

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Looks like a great time, I would have loved to play!
  • Scottyz said:

". Giving strategy advice when a hand is going on. Even saying things *you* think are obvious is no good. "It's a raise or fold spot.", "I wonder who's got the flush.", "He's pot-committed.", etc."

Agreed. I saw quite a bit of this.. I won't name names, but at one point the person dealing (who wasn't in the hand, it was heads up) after dealing the river said: "4 hearts, who has the flush" before there was any river action.

Now, it's unlikely that either player in the hand hadn't already realized that, but it's just not a good thing to do in the *off* chance that someone really hadn't noticed that...it could have an effect on the play.