Is my name too crass for Poker Stars?

So I recieved the following message from Stars today?

Hello CamelToeLick,

Unfortunately we are unable to approve the User ID (nickname) that you
have selected. We feel that this name might, in some way, offend other
players, and therefore we ask that you please open a new account using
a different name. To do so, exit the program, restart, then select
"Create Account" from the options menu.

The account under User ID "CamelToeLick" has been closed.

Please inform us of your new user ID once it has been created and we
will gladly transfer any play money (if over 1,000 chips), real money
and FPP from the closed account to your new account.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

I have used this handle for over a year on Party and also use it on Titan and Absolute.

I didnt realize Poker Stars was such a family oriented site that they would be sensitive to a name that, in my opinion, is not too blatant.

Comments

• I'd say it's right on the line! :D

Seriously, I could see how it might offend somepeople, however, I've sure someplayers have gotten away with much worse.

There's not much you can do about it, so just change you ID to TNorth or Metroboy_69 or something and move on.

Johnnie
  • I agree - I am completely taking this with a grain of salt - but really how many people have their name suffixed by 69 - no difference.

Anyhow - the only thing I will miss is the rapport it allows me to build with other players.
  • Why not try CmlToeLck..... :D
  • Everyone is supposed to be 18+ so I say anything should go.
  • I'm Acidjoe_69 on a few sites and it's ok..... I tell people 69 is the year I was born..... HEHEHEHE
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I'm Acidjoe_69 on a few sites and it's ok..... I tell people 69 is the year I was born..... HEHEHEHE

1869?? :D
  • Ya something like that AJ. Smart Ass.
  • Unreal, on a site where you have to be of legal age to play...come on that's just rediculous. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that name. I think someone must have had to file a complaint....probably someone you beat in a tourney or gave a bad beat to that is a sore loser!

Like Hobbes I say make it CmlToeLck , tell them it stands for Carmel Toffey Licker !!!
  • This is a cloven-hoofed mammal? I can see how licking one's toes might be offensive to some...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    This is a cloven-hoofed mammal? I can see how licking one's toes might be offensive to some...

touché
  • I used to go by my military name: Colonel Angus

No one had a problem with it,
    actually got a few compliments.
  • FalkyBones wrote:
    I used to go by my military name: Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus isn't bad at all. (Unless it means something I don't know about.)

Now Colonel Anus or Major Anus is another story.