Poker + WSOP final table viewing party (KW area)

This Thursday I am hosting the first game of the Niagara WPT qualifier at my place in Elmira.

I am planning to order the WSOP final table PPV, so I am now opening up the invitation to anyone who wishes to attend.  Non-WPT-sat-participants can get a separate poker game going, or you can play pool, darts, or arcade games (I have a multi-game arcade machine with most of the classics - PacMan, Galaga, etc).  I will have the WSOP coverage on several TVs in various rooms.

Of course you are welcome to join the WPT sat game if you can also make the other dates (see the other topic for information: http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=10297.0 ).

For those just coming for the PPV and/or side games, sign up in this thread and I'll PM you the address.

Show up anytime after 6:00pm.  I will pause the PPV at the beginning and start it at 6:00pm.  Then we can fast-forward through the breaks and/or any other long pauses.

"Ranger" Mike

Comments

• I'll be there (of course) for the WPT qualifier, but I just wanted to say that (since I've been at your place before) this is going to be an awesome place to watch the WSOP final table from!

Thanks for opening your place up!
  • I think I would stop by as well.
  • hey I plan to order it too,

was just wondering, they are playing down to the final table today, do you know anything about if there is a break in play, or is the pay perview being bumped up to wednesday???
  • They have a day off to recuperate before the final table begins on Thursday. The final table is definitely being played on Thursday.

Mike
  • Sounds cool.  My Cogeco digital cable listing shows that the PPV event will show from 5 PM - midnight on Thursday and 8 AM - 2:30 PM on Friday.  Does this mean that we will have to order and pay the $25+ twice?  I read that the final table will start at 3 PM, so is the Canadian broadcast on tape delay that can be rewinded and fast forwarded?

Note that it was a 14-hour marathon last year to determine the winner.  Hole cards will NOT be shown.  ESPN airs its version of coverage, with the hole cards revealed, on Tuesday nights beginning Aug. 22 and culminating Sept. 26.  Does anybody know when this edited version will be shown in Canada?
    BrennerM wrote:
    Show up anytime after 6:00pm.  I will pause the PPV at the beginning and start it at 6:00pm.  Then we can fast-forward through the breaks and/or any other long pauses.
  • It won't surprise me if the whole thing is on a 2-hour tape delay.   I have a PVR so I can record it (and therefore FF and RWD).

My online TV guide (Rogers) shows it from 5PM Thursday to 5AM Friday, one continuous block.  I presume if it goes past 5 AM we won't get cut-off...

I can't find any confirmation anywhere which states if they will (or will not) show hole cards.

See discussion thread here (in the WPT/WSOP forum):
    http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=10437.0

Mike
  • I am interested in playing, but Ineed to know start times for all the games before I can commit.

Dave Kostis.