Blog anyone?

Due to popular demand...who am I kidding, I started my poker blog based on my new theory which is explained in the blog. If interested, it is http://grinditoutpoker.blogspot.com.

Not much of an internet guy, so I am having a fellow poker blogger check it out this weekend to spruce it up(show me how to post hands, photos, etc, but you get the idea).

Comments

• I enjoyed reading through your blog, it sounds like you've got a good grip on what you want to do and how you're going to do it. Being discipline about it can be the most difficult thing, best of luck.

stp
  • Thank you for the kind words.....Hopefully I can report back when I have won my seat to WPT Niagra. I got very close in another WPT sub-satellite last night....keep on truckin
  • Nice blog.
    Regarding your strategy, do you set daily targets?
    Do you stop if you are down or up a certain amount?
  • I'm still a rookie online player. I don't have a monitor capable of 4 tabling..so I usually can only play two tables comfortably. I am also a working stiff/family man so my routine is usually to have one cash game going and one SNG/Multi Table and/or Qualifier going. This helps the boredom factor and makes it easier to play premium hands.

I don't set financial limits. On the weeknights, I usually just play my cash game until I am finished with the Multi Table or Qualifier I am playing currently the WPT satellite which takes about 2.5 hours. (I rarely have more time than this on a weekenight...damn wife doesn't like me playing poker all night).

There are times when I catch myself feeling a little tilty and I will log off. This is an important skill that I take great pride in...but again is easier said than done.

I have also turned off the damn blackjack link. One night...I was playing in a qualifier and had like $915 on my account. I was like well I'll take the $15 to the blackjack table. Lost that, tried to win it back...you know the story. I felt like such a sucker falling for that trap. Am I the only one?
  • I'm curious as to how you came up with your monthly "target" of 500-1000. As you said, you're only playing at most 2 tables, so I'm curious as to roughly how many hands you can get in per month. I'm not saying it's unreasonable, but you may want to estimate roughly how many hands you play per month x your expected win rate x stakes you're playing to figure out whether or not this target is realistic or not. (PT is invaluable here). And of course realize that there are months where you won't hit that target due to downswings...
  • Otto_Troy wrote:
    I'm still a rookie online player.  I don't have a monitor capable of 4 tabling..so I usually can only play two tables comfortably.  I am also a working stiff/family man so my routine is usually to have one cash game going and one SNG/Multi Table and/or Qualifier going.  This helps the boredom factor and makes it easier to play premium hands.

I don't set financial limits. On the weeknights, I usually just play my cash game until I am finished with the Multi Table or Qualifier I am playing currently the WPT satellite which takes about 2.5 hours.  (I rarely have more time than this on a weekenight...damn wife doesn't like me playing poker all night).

There are times when I catch myself feeling a little tilty and I will log off.  This is an important skill that I take great pride in...but again is easier said than done.

I have also turned off  the damn blackjack link.  One night...I was playing in a qualifier and had like $915 on my account.  I was like well I'll take the $15 to the blackjack table.  Lost that, tried to win it back...you know the story.  I felt like such a sucker falling for that trap. Am I the only one?

Ah no, you aren't the only one...I dropped 1/2 a trip for 4 to Disney in about 15-20 minutes...Sober...of course, if I wasn't so drunk the night before I would have put my pin # in right and would have withdrawn all the money....and of course if I had listened to BBC_Z I wouldn't have fallen into that trap in the first place. (I am not an affiliate/investor of BBC_Z just 1 guy that should have taken his advice)
  • Scooby. I set that goal without any math equation and based roughly on my current expected number of hands. It is just a goal...and I think it is attainable, while I realize I may have downswings that prevent me from reaching my goal. So far....I think that $500 per month is reasonable, while $1000 may be more difficult. We'll see.....I'm only 1.5 months into it but I am on schedule.

ps. Thank you Wolffhound, I feel better now.