MoneyMaker

Is it just me...

or does Moneymaker look like a huge geek
in the pokerstars m.m. commercials and banner ads ??

Nice shirt and haircut you wimp...LOL

Comments

• Not just you. What's with the hair?
  • FalkyBones wrote:
    Is it just me...

or does Moneymaker look like a huge geek
    in the pokerstars m.m. commercials and banner ads ??

Nice shirt and haircut you wimp...LOL

These would be the ads where they are intentionally playing him up to be a geeky accountant with geeky friends to show in a tongue-in-cheek manner that anyone regardless of their status (ie: even socially awkward and/or stupid/clueless people) can win big in poker through their freerolls.   

You should try them out.

All the best
  • Monteroy wrote:

These would be the ads where they are intentionally playing him up to be a geeky accountant with geeky friends to show in a tongue-in-cheek manner that anyone regardless of their status (ie: even socially awkward and/or stupid/clueless people) can win big in poker so try their freerolls.   

You should try them out.

ROFLMAO
  • once an accountant, always an accountant, i suppose.
  • Huge geek, bad poker player.
  • I say that moneymaker would school the vast majority of players on this forum. There really is no reason that I can think of why people should be trashing him...

stp
  • Obviously he would beat me, but compared to all the professional poker players out their he's crap. He got mad lucky and hasn't won anything since. If you saw him play in Poker Superstars II you'd see that he showed what he can do.
  • Didn't he finish 2nd at a WPT event?

That's something.
  • Obviously he would beat me, but compared to all the professional poker players out their he's crap. He got mad lucky and hasn't won anything since. If you saw him play in Poker Superstars II you'd see that he showed what he can do.

Looking at the IPR rankings, his current world ranking is 2308 (241 all time).

He really hasn't done too much since his WSOP win in 2003.

http://www.iprdata.com/ipr/playerDetail/id-3727.html

Hobbes
  • I wasnt knocking the guy as a player
    (I read his book, no denying he has some skills)

I was making note of the fact that a million dollars
    doesnt necessarily buy you a decent haircut.