WSOP trip report days 6 & 7 (Aug 1 &2)

Got lazy and didn't xpost these:

Day 6:

This is probably gonna be a short one. I slept in and didn't do anything until after dinner. Then I played the $1080 buy-in Bellagio Cup again. I had 20K at the first break (start with 5K) when I took down several pots preflop by reraising with AK and the following hand:

An alternate who got seated at the table a level or so in and doesn't seem good raises to 550 at 100/200 in EP. I make it 1750 with KK and he calls. The flop comes Q84 with 2 diamonds. He pushes for 7500. I call and he tables the A7 of hearts. Donkaments, lol. More brilliant play follows. At 100/200 a25 3 players limp and I make it 1000 to go from the SB. The BB minireraises to 2200 and I'm confused but call. Flop AT8. I check and he bets 2500, I raise him in for his last 1700 and he calls and tables the A8d. Great. Then I get some chips back by sucking out against a set with a flush draw but proceed to go card dead and basically blind off/lose a couple pots when I raise and miss or get reraised and I'm down to 8K when I shove with 66 at 400/800 a75 and get called by the aces.

Then I go play 2/5 NL and don't make any hands for a while. I go up and down a couple hundred and I'm a little tired but several people are playing much worse. One guy blind raises to 15 every hand and he's on my left which is sweet. He's clearly tired and in a gambling mood (he laid me 105:100 on betting red/black on the flop so I took the offer and obviously lost). So I pick up QQ and limp. He makes it 15 and 5 people call. I reraise 100 more, and he quickly makes it 300 more on top of that. The others fold and I just can't believe him. After thinking for a bit I shove in for $550 total and he says "well I only looked at one" and calls. When an A comes on the flop I know I'm dead. $1100 pot shipped the other way to his A8o. I go home and go to bed since it's 7am now. I dunno what I'm going to do today. Maybe I'll head over to the Rio to sweat Aaron and get in a game there. I guess I'll waste another $1000 on the WSOP event tomorrow since I was planning to play that one all along, even though the structure does suck. Hopefully things will turn around for me soon.

Mike

Day 7:

Wake up at 2. Sit around then go to Rio hoping to meet Aaron for his dinner break, only to later find out he busted shortly before I got there. Play some poker and lose more mobneys. Decide to take vengeance on Vegas in the WSOP event tomorrow. Get some sleep.

Mike

And the good news from day 8:

The WSOP event was sold out by the time I got there to register today so instead I went over to the Bellagio and played the tournaments there. I busted out of the 2pm Bellagio Cup event at 7:30 just in time to sign up for the 8pm event. I luckboxed my way to the chiplead in that one and chopped by chip count with 6 players left for 44K, which was 2nd place money. This was such a great deal for me, I definitely would have given up a few grand had they tried, but I tried to act reluctantly towards accepting a deal so they would just be happy that I agreed since they all seemed to want one pretty badly. Full report will follow at some point, but I'm pretty exhausted right now since I've basically been playing poker for the last 24 hours.

Mike

Comments