Newfoundland Games??

I'll be heading to Newfoundland, should be off the boat by Aug 7, and will be travelling the island for about three weeks.

I would enjoy meeting up with any members who wouldn't mind me joining in on a home game or two, if I happen to be in the neighbourhood.

You can PM me details, or reply post, and hopefully we can arrange a get together.

AJ
STR82ACE

Comments

• Curious?

Are you getting off at Port aux Basques?
  • Actually yea. Then heading up to Gross Morne for a couple of days before visiting relatives in Twillingate, Grand Falls, a few other places before hitting St John's.

It's been over 30 years since I've been home.....I'm REALLY forward to the trip.
  • Last off topic note,

I have done the drive a few times in the past few years. I only ever slept on the Ferry and drove across the island (or THE ROCK!). I love St. John's the area.

I wish I could got to an Irving Big Stop right now. Their Open Face Turkey Sandwiches are great.
  • I wish I could got to an Irving Big Stop right now. Their Open Face Turkey Sandwiches are great.

If I get the chance, I'll have one for you!
    :D
  • Yeah I really need to get home for a week soon. I dont play live a lot when I'm home so I don't know many games. A lot of the bars in St. John's run little games though and poker is pretty popular there so if you keep your eyes open I'm sure you'll be able to find something.
  • Thanks SirWatts. Figured they would have something going on there in the bars. I'll just keep my eyes open and see what pops up. Thanks.

Old Newfie Proverb:
    "There are only 2 types of people in this world:
    NEWFIES!
    and dem dat wish dey were."