Ahh... This hurts

Well, when you see this amount of flops in $1/$2 NL,

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 193 hands and saw flop:
- 24 out of 36 times while in big blind (66%)
- 25 out of 36 times while in small blind (69%)
- 81 out of 121 times in other positions (66%)
- a total of 130 out of 193 (67%)

This is what happens..... sad

PokerStars Game #5719322499: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2006/07/29 - 01:40:30 (ET)
Table 'Suevia IV' 6-max H.O.S.E Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: Folded-AA ($200 in chips)
Seat 3: TH_GAMBLER ($268.75 in chips)
Seat 4: indypoker66 ($80 in chips)
Seat 5: geminichild ($349.70 in chips)
Seat 6: SteveNotStu ($192.15 in chips)
SteveNotStu: posts small blind $1
Folded-AA: posts big blind $2
indypoker66: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Folded-AA [Kc 4d]
TH_GAMBLER: calls $2
indypoker66: checks
geminichild: calls $2
SteveNotStu: calls $1
Folded-AA: checks
*** FLOP *** [8d Kh 4h]
SteveNotStu: checks
TH_GAMBLER: bets $8
indypoker66: folds
geminichild: folds
SteveNotStu: folds
Folded-AA: calls $8
*** TURN *** [8d Kh 4h] [7h]
TH_GAMBLER: checks
*** RIVER *** [8d Kh 4h 7h] [Kd]
TH_GAMBLER: bets $12
Folded-AA: raises $24 to $36
TH_GAMBLER: raises $64 to $100
ayoria has returned
Folded-AA: raises $90 to $190 and is all-in
TH_GAMBLER: calls $90
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Folded-AA: shows [Kc 4d] (a full house, Kings full of Fours)
TH_GAMBLER: shows [7s Ks] (a full house, Kings full of Sevens)
TH_GAMBLER collected $404 from pot
Folded-AA said, "lol"
TH_GAMBLER said, "sorry"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $406 | Rake $2
Board [8d Kh 4h 7h Kd]
Seat 2: Folded-AA (big blind) showed [Kc 4d] and lost with a full house, Kings full of Fours
Seat 3: TH_GAMBLER showed [7s Ks] and won ($404) with a full house, Kings full of Sevens
Seat 4: indypoker66 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: geminichild (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: SteveNotStu (small blind) folded on the Flop

Couldn't get away. Any else? I know shouldn't of seen flop, but, come on.

Comments

• Of course you should have seen the flop. From what I've seen of your play that's almost a premium hand. Besides it was a check for you, makes it easy. I think the problem was you only calling the flop with 2 pair. I think you should have raised him large and seen where you are. After all he has top pair and crap kicker. Sucks tho when you lose boat over boat.
  • PAINFUL! Even just to read it.

I agree with Joe, a nice big fat juicy raise post flop may have won you the pot right there. Otherwise, you played it well.
  • You were BB and it was checked to you, of course you should see the flop. Very unlucky.
  • My only quibble is the river. You raised and got re-raised. Unless I have the nuts, I'm not likely to push here. I would certainly call though. Pretty hard to give him credit for K7 or K8 from under the gun, though...

Bad luck. Go build a table. You'll feel better.
  • raising flop won't help you..

with these stats you have no respect on the table at all.. --a total of 130 out of 193 (67%) I mean even if you push here you may get called with 67% vpip

Turn was unlucky but thats poker..
    River was a nightmare I'd go broke here everytime too!
  • Think of it as the poker gods making things good for all the bad beats you put on others.   :D

I would raise the flop.  Need to build a pot here and make the flush draw pay.  The pot should be around $50 before the turn.  Now when the heart hits the turn, I'm still betting out -- something like $40.  The other guy may think you have the flush so he likely won't raise there.  If he makes a big raise, then I think you've just saved yourself, as you can't go much further unless you think he's just taking a shot at you. 

If he calls the turn the pot should be around $130 and you're in for something like $60, so you should have $140 left.  I don't see how you can not get to the same result -- ie going broke if he calls the turn.   However, using my approach and the range of hands he could have KJ, KQ, KT, well K anything, you'll likely win a pot of $200 instead of winning a lilkely $50 bucks or losing your stack by going with your approach of sitting in the bush with two pair.  Bet your hand!

Cheers
    Magi
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    My only quibble is the river. You raised and got re-raised. Unless I have the nuts, I'm not likely to push here. I would certainly call though. Pretty hard to give him credit for K7 or K8 from under the gun, though...

Bad luck. Go build a table. You'll feel better.

lol... no way you wouldnt push holding the third nuts... and not a q high flush, but a full house?