Problems at ChecknRaisePoker.com

As posted at pokerroomreview.com:

Major Problems at ChecknRaisePoker.com 07/15/2006 04:48 PM

Recently, ChecknRaisePoker.com announced they were unable to pay entry fees for the 10 winners who won seats to the WSOP in the “CheckPoints to Millions” promotion. Now a player has reported attempting to cash a $300 check issued by them, only to have it returned for insufficient funds. Another player has been waiting for a cash-out since the beginning of July. Both of these players report e-mails to ChecknRaise support were not answered, and in the case of the player waiting for a cash-out, live support provided inaccurate information. Poker Room Review previously e-mailed CnR support regarding an unrelated matter and they replied 32 days later, explaining they were currently experiencing a large e-mail backlog, yet never answered the questions outlined in the original e-mail.

Anyone with a complaint about any online poker room is encouraged to contact Help@PokerRoomReview.com for assistance.

Comments

• Not again..... they had problems before and now again? I think it was last year poker.com ended up paying for their players to get into the WSOP. BAD BAD BAD site, stay away.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Not again..... they had problems before and now again?   I think it was last year poker.com ended up paying for their players to get into the WSOP.  BAD BAD BAD site, stay away. 
    no it was this year Joe, I think 10 players got stiffed on a WSOP promotion from cheknraise

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb2/checknraise-responds-peril-list-vt40240.html?highlight=checknraise
  • Hi All,

Just to clarify - Poker.com has no association with CnR or the Ongame network. We are totally independant, with our own software and at this time have no skins. We are still quite small, but are growing, and take the approach of taking care of our players in every way possible, unlike a lot of the bigger sites that are purely after new acquisitions.

We released a press release yesterday, and since that time have gotten in contact with CnR and a lot of the players including Rob. CnR is co-operating and have thanked us for taking care of the players and enabling them to get to the series.

At no time was this a 'ploy to get free PR'. It was always a genuine offer. We truly felt for the players affected and couldn't just stand by and see them miss out on the WSOP.

It's a good feeling to know we helped these players out and they will now be representing Poker.com at the WSOP.

Anyway - just clarifying everything. Feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions.

Kris Robinson
    Marketing & Operations Director
    Poker.com

I believe Poker.com is paying for the 10 seats, and CNR is paying them back over the monthly bull shit... very stand up play if it follows through.
  • Stand up play by poker.com. I know CNR poker closed for a bit before it came back as a pokerroom skin. I had heard this a while back and thought it had happened last year. I'm hearing more and more bad things about poker rooms skins. There is a whole issue on 2 + 2 with other skins not paying out when people cash out etc. It's sites like this the give the Bush league administration ammo to fire with.