Phil at it again...down to 3.

Place Name Chips
1 Phil Hellmuth Jr. 1,475,000
2 Juha Helppi 530,000
3 Daryn Firicano 425,000

Can he tie Brunson and Chan?
Anybody care if he does?

If he doesn't, I can't wait for the TV coverage of Phil taking a SNAP losing that lead.

Comments

• i've been keeping tabs on the whole final table. what a domination by phil. He has had almost a 2/1 lead over 2nd place the whole time.

he has already made heads up once this year at the wsop with a HUGE lead and blown it, but he surely seems to be on his game. i think the bracelet is his.

i WANT Phil to win, cause i think he deserves it. he is an amazing player.

Johnny

GO PHIL!!!
  • HU action is happenin..............

Juha $1.3 mil in chips
    Phil $1.2 mil in chips

GO PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny
  • PHIL JUST WON HIS 10TH BRACLET
  • KNEW he woudl do it.

now it's a 3 way tie for 10 bracelets.

chan hellmuth brunson

whos gonna break the tie?

anyone think phil is going to get drunk tonight?

Johnny
  • Wow. Number 10 for Phil. Good Show.

I think he'll win another one this year to take the lead.

Johnnie
  • War Hellmuth! 1 of the all-time greats IMO
  • I also was following this the past few days.
    Hellmuth may win the main event too.
    I am owning the fantasy poker competition with his win, Phil should have at least locked up a 'cash' for me.
    Thank you Phil !
  • If phil takes down the main event his ego will balooon up 3 x as much as it is. I don't think he can take the suck outs which will happen to him in the ME. Watching him looose it last year was funny. It's like "I'm phil helmuth dude, don't you know your losing and supposed to fold and NOT suck out on me."

That being said he is a good player, just not a good loser or a gracious winner.
  • I think he is the best overall money loser of all time
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I think he is the best overall money loser of all time

Then you haven't seen Mike the Mouth on High Stakes Poker.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:
    I think he is the best overall money loser of all time

Then you haven't seen Mike the Mouth on High Stakes Poker.
    Phil had a pretty poor showing there too. I hope he takes all this cash back to HSP...
  • I think the difference is that everyone in poker knows that Mike is a losing player overall, but Phil does so well with his media spinning that players/people actually think he's a money winner
  • Juha Helppi gave that to him, he stacked himself with ATo to KK, which is kind of sad, he must have been pretty bored/tired for that shit to happen.
  • Phil gets no respect from anyone does he.

He's the Detroit Tigers of Poker. Doesn't matter what he wins, or how often, he's always a fluke.

Well, the tigers are for real, and maybe Phil is too.

Three final tables in a couple of weeks is no small feat.

Cheers
  • dinobot wrote:
    Phil gets no respect from anyone does he.

He's the Detroit Tigers of Poker. Doesn't matter what he wins, or how often, he's always a fluke.

Well, the tigers are for real, and maybe Phil is too.

Three final tables in a couple of weeks is no small feat.

Cheers

I totally give Phil a ton of respect when watching him play. He makes some great moves. He tends to lose respect he whines when he gets beat.
  • He's 30 year's old and has won 10 bracelets... He has won countless other tournies including a couple WPT titles, Monte Carlos millions and the Full tilt invitiational at Monte Carlos... This guy is the best in the world.
  • He's 30 year's old and has won 10 bracelets... He has won countless other tournies including a couple WPT titles, Monte Carlos millions and the Full tilt invitiational at Monte Carlos... This guy is the best in the world.
    Not a bad tournament player, but best poker player in the world... I dunno about that.. And he past 30 long ago... not quite as old as Doyle but getting there...... 42 years old I believe.
  • When a tourney is 100% skill and 50 % luck what can you say.. Quoteing Phil helmuth.
  • Congrats to the best No-Limit Hold'em alive today, the Living Legend.... Love him or hate him, he is The Man!
  • compuease wrote:
    42 years old I believe.

Yes, Phil just celebrated his 42nd Birthday.

Johnnie
  • Say what you want about his whining. 10 bracelets is HUGE!!