Which site for someone new?

hey, which site would be good for someone new to playing with real money online? Done so a bit live but nothing online yet. Looking for a site that is good for someone new, as in decent competition but nothing extreme, variety of stakes, maybe a low rake, etc?

Any opinions?

Comments

• IMO, Stars or Party is probably best.

If you're looking for micro-stakes ( < 0.50-1) then go with Stars.

For low limits (say .50-1 up to 3-6), in general, Party will have a bigger game selection.

In general, Party will have better selection for cash games, Stars will have better selection for tourneys.

So it comes down to personal preference. Stars rake structure (from what I remember) is slightly better than party (I think Party rakes in .50 increments at the lower stakes whereas Stars starts rake at a buck, 2, 3 etc).

In terms of SW reliability, customer support, etc. I give Stars the edge there.

Really it comes down to personal preference (ie. tourneys vs. cash games, micro-limits vs. low limits). Both are good, reputable sites.
  • Yep, PokerStars or Party Poker is your best bet.

I'm not sure what Stars offers in the way of first deposit bonus, but Party offers 25%.
  • Somewhere with rubbish competition like WPT online, or masses of freerolls like Titan Poker or Poker333 where you can build a bankroll at no risk. WPT also have loads of added money tourneys this week so thats always a plus a swell. Depends what you have as an initial bank as well?
  • Absolute poker is pretty good for low limits. They have tons of freerolls all the time and a sweet free roll for just signing up, and another if you deposit.