Pokerstars 2.5M freeroll

Anyone going to try to make it? seems like a bit of a crapchute, 10K to get through in round one, at 7 round1 / day, 2500 or so for a weekly round 2, to finish top 240, and then just under 1000 to finish in the top 5 or 6 to make the final tourney..

someone's going to have to get through a lot of people to win. I likely won't play after my free token is used up..

anyone else?

Comments

• Played 1 earlier tonight, finished 1200 odd, avg stack 5k, I have 16K, AK suited, I raise 4 times big blind, table chip leader re-raises me all in, I call, he shows A,Q and gets a Q on river, I'm done.... damn riverstars.... lol..

My wife just finished 1 a few minutes ago, she went out 400 odd. Not bad since both started with 10,000 entries.

Gotta get very lucky to get through one of these, only top 50 get seat in next round.
  • played my first one, first hand, AQ, raise, get called. Qxx flop, I bet, get called, another brick, another called bet, and A on the river, and I push, get called, and AAA beats my 2 pair. out in 9600something

rigged. :D
  • gokorda wrote:
    seems like a bit of a crapchute,
    :D it's a rubbish playground slide?? :D
  • Fusion wrote:
    :D it's a rubbish playground slide?? :D

Nope, it's a fecal playground slide :D
  • i have been playin in a few of these... one i just got put out of Aks looses to KQo and the king hits so i loose some chips then get AKs again next hand raise 3 callers flop is nothing so i have to fold... i go on tilt and go all in with pocket 10s n A6 calls me and he hits to pair lol...oh well there will be a few more chances to get in there anyway
  • Playing in one now, what kills me is more that half the feild is gone before the first break (<4000 after the break). Had some good cards early on and got a little ahead of the pack, but now I'm card dead and haven't so muched as flopped a pair so it looks like I may be out soon.
  • playing in one in 36 mins. Hope all goes well
  • Just finished 703 :'(

Only got 1 hand after the first break, had less than half the average after the second break and busted shortly after. I don't think I'll try any more of these way too many people, willing to call anything. :D

GL to all who try it tho.

Garry
  • 141 of 452 right now after a bad beat to come down from 58th.. trying to keep up, but this is moving pretty quickly

edit: after making it up to 38th, a huge stack went all in, i had AK, called, he has K8o, hit an 8, and i'm out 298th.. would have rocketed into 6th with that pot. such is the game, but damn that pot could have coasted me in to the top 50 :/
  • Only 2730 to go. LOL i have 7 k. This is going to take for ever. :ah :qc won me a hand to get to 7k. MEH
  • i was playing in another one tonight 9600 entries and i finsished 366.. i was a low stack with under 400 players left about 15 000 in chips.. I was in the SB and one player called the BB everyone else folds the dealer pushes all in for 16 000 whitch would put me all in i am holding KJ of hearts and figure he has pockets and am willing to go for a coinflip to double up i call and the toher guy calls to.. the guy that pushed had J3 of diamoudn and the ohter caller had A10 of diamounds.. the flop came :qc :qh :4h and then a blank on the turn and river :'(:'(:'( again im gonna have to push my luck and try to make it to the top 50
  • played three times, lost once very early with A3 off to a guy calling all ins with nothing trying to build up a big chip stack early. He wins with q7 suited.

Lose with AK to A2 suited, when turn and river are 2s.

Lost third time going all in with A3 suited with three players before me. Hit a three on the flop, was winning to take the side pot until king turned hitting AK.

The only way to come top 50 in the first stage is to play horrible garbage calling poker in the early rounds, get lucky. Then top 2000 or so, start playing smart.

GL to all, i'm out of FPP.
  • Well as of last night i had mentioned that i was in one of these crazy tourney's. I finished in 72 place. I would have made it to the top 50 but....... I have :kc :kd I Raise, and big blind re-raises. I call. flop is 10-4-3. I Check. Big Blind Bets half of my chips. I Come over the top and go all in. He calls and Shows :jd :js I'm Thiniking That im money. BUT WAIT Folks. TURN is a 6 i think. RIVER OH LOOK WHAT HE FOUND> :jc

Thanks
  • played three times, lost once very early with A3 off to a guy calling all ins with nothing trying to build up a big chip stack early. He wins with q7 suited.

Lost third time going all in with A3 suited with three players before me. Hit a three on the flop, was winning to take the side pot until king turned hitting AK.
    You would have to be very lucky to finish in the top 50, getting all-in in these situations.
  • Ak vs A2? A3 vs q7?

Of course you have to be lucky to finish top 50... that's why it aint ever gonna happen to me.
  • so far, I've finished 4500ish, 1251, 977, 425, 126.

so close.... yet so far :'(
  • Well sfter 7800 people i finished in the top 50. then played another capped at 10000 people and take it down again. wish i could do the same on other tourney's.
  • I just qualified!!! Took 5 hours and 1 minute. Played pretty solid and didn't too get unlucky.

Build my stack nice to start (first 2 hours build my stack to around 35K -- lots o fishies). Kept there for a bit until my AK ran into AJ - Jxx flop, x on the turn, beautiful K on the river. Very next hand I get KK vs. 10 10 move up to 160K. From there I played uber-tight (which wasn't too hard as I wasn't getting much). in hour 3.5 I got KK 3 times in 12 hands. Raised preflop with each, all folded to my raise.

After that I was soo card dead it hurt. With 1 hour left we had 20 left to go. I decide fold all hands except monsters (which never came). Best I saw was A10 (folded) and AJd on the button [not a monster but had to play something] (raised, got call, A/d/d on flop, bet and he folds).

This strategy worked until the blinds got to 10k and 20k and I had 80k left. Could not buy a hand, so decided to fold and cross my fingers.

4 left, still good, 3 and 2, good, 1 left to go. I;m watching another table and someone is all in in the blinds with AJ, A on flop, DAMN! another table, someone sitting out in BB and can't cover. rasied, he auto-folds. GAME OVER!!!!

I finished the tourney with 997 chips left! Chip and a Chair! WOOHOO
  • Haha nice Goose, great thinking. I did something similar on another site to win an Ipod nano. It's all bet when to play super tight and doing a bit slow play :D
  • I just qualified for it after about 5 and a half hrs... jeeeez my stack was around 300k when it ended i was top 13.. i always had the best hand to start off when i won pots but i did suck out wiht AA against a K2 that flopeed 2 pair then i hit running qs to seal him off and my set of 3s was being beat to his straight untill i riverd a boat so that was nice also... here comes round 2!!!