WPT Single-Table Satellites in North York/Thornhill Area -- Interest???

If you are interested in playing single-table sng-style satellites into step 2 ($640) of the Fallsview WPT qualifiers then please respond in this thread with available dates.

There will be no rake to the house...(which is me), professional table, professional chips.

Satellites will be structured to last roughly 2-2.5 hours with the goal of running 2-4 a day/night depending on interest, we can play all night I don't care. Prizes will be paid as cash.

10 handed NLHE tournament.

Zero rake and self-dealt $80 buy-in, $640/$80/$80. Deals are acceptable.

Any suggestions as to buy-in or format will be considered.

Location -- Yonge and Finch,

Date...up to you...I am thinking of Saturday, August 5 mid-afternoon or early evening as the first date.

Please respond within the thread -- I would prefer to restrict this to forum members, but I am sure that I can find 4-5 other players who would be interested. It's really up to you guys as to what you want to play, so let me know and we can get it going.

SATURDAY AUG 5 2pm, confirmed (we need 10 confirmed for this to go...will accept up to 12 confirmations as we will be running at least 2 sats that day):

1. GTA
2. Acid Joe
3. Bill R
4. Garry C
12. RiverRatJosh (tentative)

Please note, as there is no rake, this will be BYOeverything (other than chairs).
Please only sign-up if you can confirm the date as last minute cancellations will end up with the event being cancelled.

Comments

• I am interested. That Saturday date works for me. I do know of one other (non forum member) who may be interested.
  • OK.

We will tentatively go with the Saturday date. If we get 10 confirmations then it's a go.

Joe...time preference? 2pm would be the earliest possible start for me.

We will be going with the no dealer/zero rake format as I think that would appeal to more forum members.
  • Here are my preferences:
    1) Rake-free: self-dealing and BYOB is perfectly fine with me.
    2) Use the same blind structure as the WPT, i.e., 25/25, 25/50, 50/100, 100/200 + 25, 150/300 + 50.
    3) To get practice with the WPT format, have the same starting stack of 800 chips. The time for each blind level can be increased to 20-30 minutes to allow for a couple of hours of play.
    4) The prize structure of $640/80/80 is good.
    5) If there are ever 20 players, simulate the Step 2 two-table satellite, i.e., 2,000 starting chips with blind levels of at least 20 minutes.
    GTA Poker wrote:
    Any suggestions as to buy-in or format will be considered.
  • DAMN IT!!! I'll be in Newfoundland by that day, otherwise I would be VERY interested in participating in one or two of these satellites.

Next time. Good luck with the satellites and all the potential WPT qualifiers.
  • STR8

If there is interest then I will hold these a couple of times a month.

Blonde -- are u in for Aug 5th?
  • I am very much interested in this. If possible please add me to the list.

thanx
    Garry
  • I would be interested once we get a little closer to the actual tournament. If you get 20 players for Aug. 5th, I would be interested in the 2000 chip format. Thanks.

PokerJAH
  • These will be single table sats only. I will post a provisional blind schedule in the next few days
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    STR8

If there is interest then I will hold these a couple of times a month.

There IS interest. Keep me posted.
    Thanks GTA
  • I am very tempted to make an appearance. It will depend on My work that day. I will know a few days in advance so please make me your 12th man.

Thanks

Acid Joe, heck there should be a bounty on his head.......

I am comming for you Joe. Thats worth the 80$ all by itself...... :D
  • What did I do to you? You placed higher than me (actually won it) in the last tourney we played together. Tho I think you were getting a little tired of my all ins on the button :).
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    OK.

We will tentatively go with the Saturday date.  If we get 10 confirmations then it's a go. 

Joe...time preference?  2pm would be the earliest possible start for me.

We will be going with the no dealer/zero rake format as I think that would appeal to more forum members.

I don't really have a time preference. 2-4 pm start time will work for me. I'll have to confirm if Todd is in to play.
  • Joe I just enjoy playing with you, and thought I would fuel the fire so to speak.....

If I make it to these single table satellites, you can count on it being a tough go. I have developed a move just for you.....

when you make your button raises with A 5 off.

hehe
  • I am interested in just about any rake-free WPT satellite, but unfortunately I already go to another poker tournament every Saturday afternoon. If there is enough interest in a Saturday night game beginning August 19 or any Sunday, then I'm in.
    GTA Poker wrote:
    Blonde -- are u in for Aug 5th?
  • You can confirm Bill R as playing. He will only play 1 satellite though before he'll have to go. There is one more I know interested if you are looking at more people.
  • Single table SNG sounds good; have you decided on the starting chips/blind structure? 2,000 + starting chips would be good.

PokerJAH
  • I've got VIP tickets to the Jays game that day, or else I'd be interested as well. Maybe next time...
  • Is this still a go? If so I need the address.
  • Due to the usual lack of forum interest in this area, this will not be a go. Sorry guys, I tried.

If anyone is heading to GBH I'll be there Friday and/or Saturday night.
  • Maybe there's not enough Toronto residents that are active in this forum. Most of the active players seem to reside in the Kitchener to Guelph area. I already played in a couple of rake-free WPT satellites in Toronto, but there were barely enough people.
    GTA Poker wrote:
    Due to the usual lack of forum interest in this area, this will not be a go.  Sorry guys, I tried.
  • $80 may be a little steep for some players on this forum for a single SNG; any thought to making this a series of tourmanents for $80 total cost and having some sort of point structure with the ultimate winner getting the WPT satellite entry? there may be more interest if the cost per tournament is less. What do you think?
  • I may have 2 people that could go this saturday.

Let me know when your next game is because I know about 2-3 people that live in this area.
  • pokerJAH wrote:
    $80 may be a little steep for some players on this forum for a single SNG; any thought to making this a series of tourmanents for $80 total cost and having some sort of point structure with the ultimate winner getting the WPT satellite entry? there may be more interest if the cost per tournament is less. What do you think?

Honestly, and I don't mean to come across as snobbish or whatever term people care to throw around, that would be too much time for too small stakes for me to want to host it. I was merely trying to mirror the stage1 sats at Fallsview, with a similar buy-in, no rake and a better structure.

I think that an $80 sat with an eventual target of a $10k tourney is pretty reasonable, but that is me and others may have differing opinions.

If enough interest builds and enough people want to play some sats, then I have no problem hosting, but for now it's not worth it to have only 5-6 players show.
  • I will be in the area and am interested... if you manage to host it(or any other tournies) let me know cos i will definetly go
  • I also know a couple of interested people that I can give a ride to this satellite as long as it's not on a Saturday. If more gamblers learn that the $90 bingo satellites at Fallsview are a rip-off, the more people will be interested in playing at better alternatives, especially if it's rake-free.
    NoVeLTeK wrote:
    Let me know when your next game is because I know about 2-3 people that live in this area.
  • i am interested.

this saturday is no good but if yuo do any other dates on a friday or saturday I am in
  • I'm also still interested, pls let me know if you plan on anything

thanx
    Garry