free flight for 2 to anywhere in canada...where to go golfing?

i won a free flight for 2 from westjet to anywhere in canada....so i was wondering where should i go?

i was thinking bc, looks to be awesome for golf

what a wicked prize for getting the longest drive in this golf tournament i was in on the weekend hehe :-)

Comments

• Go to Calgary and play Kananaskis. Incredible course.
  • Go to Calgary and play Kananaskis. Incredible course.

whoa that course does look amazing with that view, and only 80 bucks jeeez thats a steal

know of any other places to go?
  • It will be more than 80. That is for Alberta residents. You would pay a little more.

They have two courses at Kananaskis and there are others close by. You could fill a week in that area alone.
  • This is just me,

but if I won a flight, I think I would go somewhere that I might not ever pay to go otherwise.

TRy out Dawson City Yukon or something similar. They have a card room, and I imagine some semblance of golf.

Cheers
  • dinobot wrote:
    This is just me,

but if I won a flight, I think I would go somewhere that I might not ever pay to go otherwise.

TRy out Dawson City Yukon or something similar. They have a card room, and I imagine some semblance of golf.

Cheers

ya thats what i was thinking hehe, my dads like lets go to quebec and golf....

im thinking to myself why would i go there when we can go anywhere??? lets pick the most expensive place to go lol
  • My Choice would actually be Prince Edward Island for golf. The golf is beautiful and not a typical place that people would fly to. Honestly, check it out.
  • Jay845 wrote:
    My Choice would actually be Prince Edward Island for golf. The golf is beautiful and not a typical place that people would fly to. Honestly, check it out.

I was just going to say the same.

PEI is Canada's best golfing destination, however right now (ie summertime) it's crawling with tourists. It's actually kind of tough to get a tee-off time on some of the most popular courses.

That being said, everything else is GORGEOUS! Great course that are very affordable, in outstanding condition, for every level of golfer.

Heres a link:
    http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/index.php3?number=1014593#

Congrats on winning the trip, have a great time. (Wherever you end up!)

Johnnie
  • PEI or Banff or Whistler.
  • Victoria is beautiful with nice golf and one of the most expensive places West Jet flies:
    Bear Mountain Golf Course
    Morning Star
    And a few other nice courses

For a great golf search go to Golfmax.ca - with the free membership they have a feature called where 2 play - probably the best golf search on the web

Other choices PEI - play Fox Ha' br
    Cheers
    Scots
  • if you have never been to Whistler, they have a really great golf course and there are a lot of other things to do as well (white water rafting, mountain biking and even snowboarding in July (honestly). Banff is also a really great place with some beautiful courses and a really cool town. Hotels are expensive in both cities but they have hostels that are really top notch. If you have two weeks, you could fly into Vancouver, do the Whistler thing and still have time to do a driving trip through Jasper/Banff (and probably a side trip to Vancouver Island). I did this trip about ten years ago and it was amazing. Never been to the east coast so not sure how it compares. If you like the mountains, or have never experienced them, as the jet says, "Go West".

PokerJAH