Royal Cup II Practise

Well, I think we finally have a team for this thing, and maybe even a couple of extras just in case someone can't make it out.

As of right now, the team is:

AJ
Chris
Eleanor
Derek
Justin
Jeff
Joe
Greg (?)
Max (?)
and I believe there were one or two others that have expressed an interest as well.

First team practise is Monday July 24 at around 7pm ish. I thought we would mostly practise our Stud and Omaha games as those are probably the two games we need the most help in. I know I do anyway. Gives me a chance to learn that silly Omaha too.

We'll finalize who will play what game, maybe elect a team captain, and maybe even start thinking some strategy too. Joe and I were at the first Royal, and between the two of us, we can outline what to expect. It will be a fun filled day of poker, and very competitive too.

See you guys on Monday night.
AJ

Comments

• As I said before Eleanor and I will be there, we maybe a little late, around 7:10 or so.
  • Sorry, I can't make it. But thanks for getting things rolling, AJ.
  • Good practise last night everyone.

Joe, thanks for bringing those Starting Hand/Strategy Sheets. I know I'll be reading up on my Omaha. Friggin boat on the flop...friggin King on the turn...FRIGGIN EL'S BIGGER BOAT!! :rage: Every time I get a nice hand, she seems to catch a better one...what IS her secret?

Not sure when we can hold the next practise. Next Monday is OUT, and after that I'm on vacation until the end of August. I haven't heard from Sandro yet on when he wants the buyin handed in, I'll keep everyone posted on that as info becomes available.
  • Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Wish I could have....

Derksen
    ps. save me one of those 'Omaha/Stud for Idiots' sheets please.
  • I'll save you a set of them, Derek.

FRIGGIN OMAHA!! :rage:
  • Thanks for having us over last night AJ. When you're back from "the rock" we can always squeeze in a few more practice sessions. Chris and I would be happy to have the team over to our place to give you and Brenda a break from all us degenerate gamblers.

As for me catching my bigger boat....well....I'm still not sure if I made the right call or not. I'm still thinking that one through.

Oh, and my secret? It's called dumb luck!
  • derksen wrote:
    Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Wish I could have....

Derksen
    ps. save me one of those 'Omaha/Stud for Idiots' sheets please.

I voted you off the team, but they somebody said it doesn't work like survivor. :D

It was a good practice session, I learned I suck at two more games now.

• I voted you off the team, but they somebody said it doesn't work like survivor. :D

It was a good practice session, I learned I suck at two more games now.

Suck or Suck Out?