sharkscope.com???

Hi everyone,

I was introduced to this site recently.
(I'm sure most of you know about this and this may be old news for you.)
You can do a "search database" for anyones username
and it gives their stats for SNG play. (5 free searches per day)
I thought this was pretty cool as I've used it on
players at my table while playing SNG's. :D

anyone else used this?

doc

Comments

• It is a good tool, it's useful on the bubble of sng's or HU sng's.

Unfortunatly its quite expensivee to use regularly and it can be quite inacurate.

That being said, its really up to personal preference.
  • I can confirm that their stats formy stars sng play are way off
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I can confirm that their stats formy stars sng play are way off

Good to hear,

that's 2 of 2 replies noting inaccuracy.
    I'm not married to this software/site or anything, but in what ways is it off?
    A few of my friends including myself have used it on ourselves just to see,
    and it comes across accurate with our stats.
    I'm interested to hear if anyone elses stats are pooched too.

doc
  • It shows me down $84. According to poker tracker I'm now up $37.50 on SNG's. I also play a lot of HU stud8 sng's which my records show me up on, but I'm not sure if sharkscope has those included. Either way it is way off on me too. Now stars has been a crappy place for me for the last year, so a long early losing streak is accurate.
  • I know it's not much but mine says it's up and is likely fairly accurate...

It said through approx. 200 games I've profited $54 with a 21% ROI playing mostly 5 buckers. There was also a stat on the site that I read that said 2/3 of all players playing SNG's are not profitable.

stp
  • hmm...these are the stats it shows on me, quite interesting.

326 (games)  $1 (avg. profit) $7 (avg stake)   15% (roi) $415 (total profit)

I don't which SNG's it is tracking, but I would say it's somewhat accurate. It gives a good general overview I guess.
  • Cooooo-ooooollll! Look up all aces

stp
  • My Stars SNG record isn't as good as my Party SNG record...

I have no idea if that site is accurate but I think it's fun to see a little picture of a shark next to my username.
  • If you click on "table of coverage" on the home page it shows that full coverage on pokerstars started in January 2006. It says that coverage before that was only 70 percent. So it is obviously not not accurate for everyone, and could easily by way off for pre-January tournies. Recent results are accurate though and will be up on the site within minutes of the finish of the tourney.
  • Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form
    thathoser 62 $1 $5 44% $90 Super Tilt

not the most accurate, but I like that I get 'super tilt' and still have a 44% ROI, and am apparently a winning player.
    I was not aware of being a winning sng player.. I usually just blow all my profit on cash games, but this does warrant some further investigation.. maybe I'm a better sng player than i thought.

or these numbers could be out to lunch.
  • Well, Doc
    Congrats on the really nice post.
    Its nice to see all the different post replies.
    I too like sharkscope in the sense that when i'm in the late in a SnG at least i can use a free search to see how ill treat the ppl around me.
    plus its funny to see ppl stats regardlees of accuracy. :fish:
  • Rather then start a new thread I thought I would just post in this one. I've been using this a lot lately in SNG's just so I know who to be careful with. I'm amazed at the amount of loosing players there are. I typically, in 6 handed tournaments, find only one (other then myself) showing a profit. Everyone else usually has substantial losses.

Does anyone else still use this?

stp
  • Shannon,

I use it all the time, between it and thepokerdb.com (for tournies) you can get some extra information on whoever you are playing with.

Some ? the accuracy of it, but, I'd say its pretty close/bang on.

D