Poker Sponsorship - do you think this ever works??

Saw this guy advertising on Ebay for a sponsor into the WSOP main event.  Do you think this would ever work?  I guess the company can write-off the cost as an advertising expense so it may be a good way to generate some free advertising if this guy makes it into the money.  I better get started on my WPT Niagara sponsorship site  :D

PokerJAH

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sponsorship-to-the-World-Series-of-Poker-2006-WSOP_W0QQitemZ130008864192QQihZ003QQcategoryZ26261QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• i'd say no....

8,000+ entrants.....The odds are against you making it out of day1, and the odds are against you being shown on ESPN as the writer suggests will happen.  If you do appear on ESPN, it will be because you donked out of the tourney against a pro, not the best of advertising opportunities....

The writer mentioned the first place prize of $10,000,000.....This is analagous to: I'll sponsor any company that wants to buy me lotto tickets every week for the next five years.  You can share 66% of my prize, we could win $20 million...
  • If someone is looking for sponsorship they should be at least listing their accomplishments. I don't think "200 hours of poker" is an accomplishment.....

Now if you post how many tournies you have won...maybe he may get some takers....if sponsorship was that easy I am pretty sure everyone on here would be going to the ME.
  • <chuckle>
    With those shades how ca he lose?
    Looks like a really easy way to make $6.66M
  • Ahhhh...dam.
    I clicked on the Buy it now button and I am not eligible.
    Guess he don't trust Canadians... :D

With those 200 hours (probably loosing) of tournament experience, this should be a slam dunk...

Oh well, back to trying to qualify for the WPT in NF....