Neteller customer service (or lack of it)

I just got off the phone with neteller. I made an EFT deposit on July 13. Money came out of my bank of July 17th. It hasn't shown up in my neteller account. According to neteller they use a 3rd party which they refused to name for their on line transactions. They inform me this adds another 4 to 5 days to it showing up in my account. I am told to be patient or preferably use insta cash (at their 8.9% fee rate). I think neteller is now taking it's cue from certain on line rooms to "encourage" their users to pay higher fees so they can make more money. I was told to call back if it wasn't in my neteller account by MONDAY the 24th. A full week after it clears my bank account. When I informed customer service that it has never taken this long, I was told I was wrong. I guess stars will start being my neteller money launderer since they will pick up the insta cash fees.

Is anyone else experiencing this level of BS from neteller.

Comments

• Is anyone else experiencing this level of BS from neteller.

In general, I've had no problems with their customer support. Mind you, I've only deposited into neteller once, and that was a while back, so maybe I'm not the best source of information wrt neteller deposits.
  • Joe, why would you need to make deposits to Neteller, I thought withdrawals back to you bank account would be more likely... lol
  • EFT deposits have always been very slow on my account (a week or so). I have never had any problems with customer service. I haven't made an EFT deposit for a year and a half, so I can't comment about recent changes.
  • Not that I love Netller, but the delay is mostly because of the US banking system.  All their EFTs and cheques take three days to clear.  The check/eft will actually show up the next day, but it takes two more days to clear their system.  I believe Neteller adds an extra day so they can profit from the float.  It's the reason they don't charge for the transaction.  They make a few pennies interest for holding the money for a day and you get a free transaction.  It sucks when you're waiting though.

Cheers
    Magi
  • compuease wrote:
    Joe, why would you need to make deposits to Neteller, I thought withdrawals back to you bank account would be more likely...   lol

LOL, I actually used a bit of my neteller money when travelling in the US. It was easy with the neteller debit card. I was just re stocking that borrowed money. With my neteller account being us$ and travelling in the us, it just worked so well. Fees are somewhat high but not bad in comparison to debiting there from a CND bank account.
  • There is nothing sinister here, their website pretty much says it will be about a real life week to do. I cannot see them doing it for earning a day's interest when the vast bulk of their money is made via fees for transfers which any delay like this reduces.

Hey, at least you waited a few days to complain (though it's still pretty much within the time they say it takes). I have seen people complain/worried about poker rooms when their withdraw is not in neteller within a couple hours so while you can use more patience you are far from the worst out there :P
  • i had same issue, they gave me a bunch of netPoints or some crazy thing. I tried to get them to explain to me where the money was, and they couldn't argue with my "it's not just floating in space, someone is making interest off of it", I got my money the next day. I only did EFT once though
  • I just find it incredible that this money cleared my bank on Monday, it's now Friday and ooopss sorry, please wait till this weekend goes by before you have access to it. Previously any neteller deposits it's been credited to the account in about 2 days after clearing my bank. This is now a full week, with no explaination really. My Victor chandler bonus isn't being cleared while I wait since I wanted to make the max deposit to get it.
  • I've never had a problem with them.
    Although I usually deposit to sites via instacash (I think that's what it's called) and the money comes out of my acct in about 3 days but it's on the site right away.

Hobbes
  • always found neteller very good to be honest. Money leaving your bank account doesnt mean Neteller have it, it is on it's way to Neteller but they certainly dont have it in the interim
  • ok, it shows up in my neteller account on SUNDAY. It was taken from my account on monday. So who the hell had it for the week. Certainly not me. Sunday is a great banking day in north america, much like the saturday is. They had it and it didn't make it's way to my account.
  • i was tryin to make a neteller account last night n they didnt believe that i was 18 so asked me to email or fax them photo id..so i copied my id to my computer and sent it to them the next morning at 9am its now 530 and i sitll havnet got a reply...its so frustrting when you want to put some moeny on and you cant because they dont hrury it up and check there stuff