If you're coming to this weekends tourney, read!

Well...ummm..I guess a reporter for http://www.therecord.com was interested in doing a story on poker. Looks as though she turned to the trusted resource commonly known as "google" and entered "poker kitchener" which I suppose lead her to the article featuring yours truly from CPP, and in turn lead her here.

She read the "pokerforum.ca celeb tournament" thread and contacted me about it.

she'd like to come and take pics of the tourney while we play....do any of you have qualms/worries about that? if you're camera shy, let me know and we can arrange for you to be in the bathroom during picture time or something.

lol. I haven't even contacted Zithal yet, but I know the person from the record has, so I guess this rides on whether or not he is okay with this taking place in his home.

I expect this could lead to some fresh blood on pokerforum.ca :)

Comments

• I hate having my picture taken.

;)

Are there any legal issues that Zithal would be wary about? I know he's not taking any rake from us, but does that make what we're doing completely legal? I think it does, but I thought I'd ask.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • it's totally 100% legal with no "house" taking a rake. No worries there.
  • I have no problem with it, but it is really up to Zithal for me. It is his house, so if he wants them there, find by me.

BTW, I think this is really cool!
  • I have no problem with this, but as has been echoed earlier, it's Zithal's house so ultimately his call.
  • Sounds good to me. :D
  • Zithal! where are yooouuuuu? :)
  • I was out feeding the fishies on Party. :) I got the email from the reporter and invited her out.

Very cool!
  • awesome. I figure it's not like your address will be published..and we could ask her to refer to us by our pokerfourm usernames :) did you get her your address?
  • Not yet. I'm supposed to call her tomorrow.
  • wowowow. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to be playing tonight...probably up until 2-4am, sleep until noon, then wake up and play again :)
  • I'm going to be playing tonight...probably up until 2-4am, sleep until noon, then wake up and play again :)
    That sounds a lot like my life.

;)
    all_aces
  • Typical friday = play a home 1-2 NL game until 2-3am, then everyone gets tired and goes home, I then play until sunrise on UB. I'm thinking of actually pulling out of UB and putting it into Pstars, the action there has seemed better for awhile.