PokerStars 150 WSOP Seats Guaranteed Tournament UPDATE

I know there might be a few forum members who are playing in this tournament. If you like to update us on your progress and have railbirds when its down to the last few hundred, please feel free to post your PS name and if you like, update your position and chip count at every break.

So far, the only one I can locate is CanadaKev.

Anyone else still in?

Comments

• Yeah, I'm in there too...not much above starting stack (BAshfield11)

NM, out about 2500...couldn't win a race and had to push A2...ran into AQ
  • I busted long ago.
  • SirWatts wrote:
    I busted long ago.

I see you're in the second chance one though. All the best with that to go towards TLB.
  • I just busted out in 546 = Dillo.

Played really well with what I had and then made a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad call with AQ for 2/3 my stack. Dam!
  • gl actyper!

234 entries paid. sitting 93 out of 422!!
  • HostJacob [Support]: To ensure no unethical play, we willbe monitoring all remaing tables until the event ends

lol. Looks like each table has a babysitter now.
  • thx Tim. Lucky W$ maybe? :)
  • actyper is currently 179 out of 281. 46420 chips with average stack at 65631

SirWatts is 111 out of 137 in the second chance tourney with 5805 chips
  • actyper wrote:
    thx Tim.  Lucky W$ maybe?  :)

Hopefully. Just a few more left to outlast. 281 left!!

gl to SirWatts to on the WSOP second chance!
  • nh actyper on the AA vs JJ. 65k stack. sitting 97 of 253.

you could almost just fold your way in!
  • Had him dominated but still was nervous as hell.
  • good luck in vegas been railin ya for a bit
  • thx guys, I dunno why, I'm still nervous!
  • update?
  • good job actyper! you made it! now you just have to go through 8000 more to win the WSOP ME! :D
  • it's called adrenaline

congrats on the seat!
  • Thank you, thank you. My armpits smell now. Thanks for the rail birds, Tim Sum for the discounted W$. I'll see you guys in vegas for those who are going.
  • Congrats on the seat and GL at ME.

Johnnie

ps..pardon my ignorance, but was it "W$"?
  • Congrats on the win. I was watching for a while, close to the bubble. It was painful.

Best of luck at the ME.
  • W$ is just special tournament $s. Say you play a wsop qualifier and win but don't want to play the sat. You can opt for W$ instead which can be used for special tournies. T$ is the same except you can use it for any tournaments.

I think we saw 2 flops the last 2 hours, and each player used their full time. Man they should have went hand for hand earlier.
  • I'm curious what sort of hands you played vs folded in the last hour or two. I watched your table for at least half an hour and I don't think I saw one showdown.
  • actyper wrote:
    W$ is just special tournament $s. Say you play a wsop qualifier and win but don't want to play the sat. You can opt for W$ instead which can be used for special tournies. T$ is the same except you can use it for any tournaments.

Thanks.

I thought W$ was some new lingo or a gang sign I didn't know about.

Again, GL in Vegas. Give Helmuth a big kiss for me.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    I'm curious what sort of hands you played vs folded in the last hour or two. I watched your table for at least half an hour and I don't think I saw one showdown.

I folded QQ twice. Once when I made a standard raise, and the other guy went allin. Another when utg put in a raise. When it was 5 left to go I folded AKs on the button :) Of course these are hands I play in a regular tourney, but it pretty much became a game of survivor and not poker.
  • actyper wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    I'm curious what sort of hands you played vs folded in the last hour or two. I watched your table for at least half an hour and I don't think I saw one showdown.

I folded QQ twice.  Once when I made a standard raise, and the other guy went allin.  Another when utg put in a raise.  When it was 5 left to go I folded AKs on the button  :)    Of course these are hands I play in a regular tourney, but it pretty much became a game of survivor and not poker.
    That is interesting. I guess you could go with the assumption that you are a best a small favourite or even if the guy had an underpair, you still have a 1 in 5 shot of losing your seat. I wonder what kind of hands are worth playing from what position in that situation.

I guess stack size would have a lot to do with it too. With a micro stack, I think you gotta take some chances. With a huge stack, though, you could even fold aces if there was another big stack in the hand. Has anyone seen anything written up about this? (Sklansksy writes about a slightly different situation - final 4 at WSOP - and Gordon has an anecdote in a similar vein - bubble in a sat with one guy all-in. I'm wondering if there is anything else.)
  • I think TJ Cloutier has a satellite book. Part of the Championship series.