If you're coming to this weekends tourney, read!

Well...ummm..I guess a reporter for http://www.therecord.com was interested in doing a story on poker. Looks as though she turned to the trusted resource commonly known as "google" and entered "poker kitchener" which I suppose lead her to the article featuring yours truly from CPP, and in turn lead her here.

She read the "pokerforum.ca celeb tournament" thread and contacted me about it.

she'd like to come and take pics of the tourney while we play....do any of you have qualms/worries about that? if you're camera shy, let me know and we can arrange for you to be in the bathroom during picture time or something.

lol. I haven't even contacted Zithal yet, but I know the person from the record has, so I guess this rides on whether or not he is okay with this taking place in his home.

I expect this could lead to some fresh blood on pokerforum.ca :)

Comments

• I hate having my picture taken.

;)

Are there any legal issues that Zithal would be wary about? I know he's not taking any rake from us, but does that make what we're doing completely legal? I think it does, but I thought I'd ask.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • it's totally 100% legal with no "house" taking a rake. No worries there.
  • sloth wrote:
    she'd like to come and take pics of the tourney while we play....do any of you have qualms/worries about that?

Will CPP or pokerforum.ca comp me a free hat to wear during the tournament for advertising purposes? ;)
  • I'm awaiting confirmation from Zithal.

Zithal: No pressure. If you want to say 'no' that's cool.
  • and I said I didn't want to go to this one ... dang ... I'm ready for my close up now !!!

GL all
  • As long as there is no mention or picture of me busting out first, I'm cool with it LOL
  • Iron wrote:
    As long as there is no mention or picture of me busting out first, I'm cool with it LOL
    I think we all know who's busting out first... don't we? ;)

or is that just at the online tournaments....
  • Wierd. I swear I responded to this topic last night. I'll be in contact with the gal from the Record today. I say we take up a collection and freeroll her into the satelitte.
  • There are 2 separate threads for this topic. Somebody got a little carried away with the initial post. ;)

ScottyZ
  • lol that would be me. I copied it over just to be sure that those participating would see it...I'll likely prune this one before long.
  • I think we all know who's busting out first... don't we? ;)

or is that just at the online tournaments....

Yer killin' me, Hork42...
  • I think we all know who's busting out first... don't we?

I've got to disagree.

All_aces is going to win this tournament.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I've got to disagree.

All_aces is going to win this tournament.

ScottyZ

Now that is pure evil. lol.

BTW, the pass for our next online tourney is named on behalf of all_aces ;)
  • OK, I think I see a pattern here.... I used to joke around, saying that I was going to win the pokerforum tournaments. I then went on to promptly lose them, with a vengeance. I stopped jinxing myself after that, but for the last couple, ScottyZ has taken the liberty of jinxing me for me, and the results have been the same. Out, with a vengeance.

With that in mind,

I AM NOT GOING TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT TOMORROW.

There. That should do it. If everyone could please refrain from saying that I'm ever going to win any tournament, ever, I'd appreciate it.

;)
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    OK, I think I see a pattern here.... I used to joke around, saying that I was going to win the pokerforum tournaments. I then went on to promptly lose them, with a vengeance. I stopped jinxing myself after that, but for the last couple, ScottyZ has taken the liberty of jinxing me for me, and the results have been the same. Out, with a vengeance.

With that in mind,

I AM NOT GOING TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT TOMORROW.

There. That should do it. If everyone could please refrain from saying that I'm ever going to win any tournament, ever, I'd appreciate it.

;)
    all_aces

Sorry aces :( I guess you'll have to have your g/f type in the next online tourney password -- typing it yourself may, well, you know...
  • I've just spoken to my representitives at IMG, and they have agreed to allow me to appear in said publication, in the efforts to increase IMG's standing in this new and fast rising industry. There are a few guidelines and stipulations though, which my agent is quite adamant about:

1. Any and all questions must be asked to my publicist, Chase, and not directly to me.

2. Photos can only be taken with me with an above average stack size. In the rarity that my stack is smaller than average, then all_aces must allow me to be photographed in front of his stack.

3. If said journalist is hot, then she may be granted a "private interview".

4. The Tiger Rule is also in effect - any photos, disruptions, or shouts of "you the man" during my play can and will result in camera confiscations.

5. Any and all unflattering photos of me must be destroyed.

That's about it. Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • Sorry aces :( I guess you'll have to have your g/f type in the next online tourney password -- typing it yourself may, well, you know...
    Lol, I just looked at what the password is. 'redemption'. Awesome, actually, I kinda like that! Next online pokerforum tourney, I'm going to have 'Eye of the Tiger' on a loop. And I'll do jumping jacks between each hand. Maybe I'll just burn myself a copy of the CD that was described by a columnist in the most recent issue of CPP. That sounds inspirational... ;)
    I've just spoken to my representitives at IMG, and they have agreed to allow me to appear in said publication, in the efforts to increase IMG's standing in this new and fast rising industry. There are a few guidelines and stipulations though, which my agent is quite adamant about:

1. Any and all questions must be asked to my publicist, Chase, and not directly to me.

2. Photos can only be taken with me with an above average stack size. In the rarity that my stack is smaller than average, then all_aces must allow me to be photographed in front of his stack.

3. If said journalist is hot, then she may be granted a "private interview".

4. The Tiger Rule is also in effect - any photos, disruptions, or shouts of "you the man" during my play can and will result in camera confiscations.

5. Any and all unflattering photos of me must be destroyed.

That's about it. Looking forward to tomorrow!
    Ladies and gentleman, we have a new candidate for Post of the Year... (POTY, for short, pronounced 'potty'). Awesome post, Al, and I'll be sure to iron out the stack-sharing details with your agent, Chase, while you're in your trailer eating caviar with Cameron Diaz.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Lol, I just looked at what the password is. 'redemption'. Awesome, actually, I kinda like that!

lol, glad you liked it. You've certainly set the stage! Good luck!
  • In celebration of there being "media" at the tournament, I would like to announce that I will be playing pantless.

I hope Zithal doesn't have leather chairs and no air conditioning....could get ummm...messy, to put it lightly.
  • sloth wrote:
    In celebration of there being "media" at the tournament, I would like to announce that I will be playing pantless.

Oh lord, it's simply too early in the morning for that much information...

ScottyZ
  • sloth wrote:
    In celebration of there being "media" at the tournament, I would like to announce that I will be playing pantless.

I hope Zithal doesn't have leather chairs and no air conditioning....could get ummm...messy, to put it lightly.

Oh dude, that's disgusting! I will be wearing ONLY my lucky Leather chaps...and don't worry, I showered Thursday... :redface:

Gotta go to work, see you crazy sons a bitches later! :D
  • Hello guys... I know that, I'm pretty new on here... But I was hopeing that there would be a chance I could get into the poker tourney today... I talked to Sloth about it and he said that if there were seats i could be squeezed in.... but I don't know where it is... I just know that it's in Waterloo.... I need an address.... Help!!!

-thanks Eric